Job offersmore »
- Outside Technical Sales Position, Horticulture - Canada
- Area Manager Russia
- Machine Operator Buitendienst
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Business Development Manager - The Netherlands
- Greenhouse Construction Workers - U.S.
- (Senior) Werkvoorbereider/Engineer Kas Plus - Netherlands
- International Account Manager - Netherlands
- Business Advisor - China
- Account Manager for Technical Horticultural Greenhouse Products - Canada
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (454)
- Veiling Rhein-Maas expands Premium Quality label to lilies (4)
- In 2016 we visited 26 trade shows and shot 5,054 pictures! (1)
- Kenyan rose production falls short of international demand (2)
- China gets slap on the wrist for illegal copying Dutch varieties (1)
- US: Growers respond to GM petunia news (1)
- Photoreport: Horticontact (1)
- US (FL): Bromeliad expert about hybridyzing bromeliads (1)
- India: "High potential for orchid cultivation in Odisha" (1)
- "Fight against thrips is not only won above ground" (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
- Brazil: Despite crisis, opportunities for growth
- How the bumblebee coincidentally saved the greenhouse industry
- US (CA): Monterey County helps former flower growers switch to marijuana
- NL: Cut flower prices under pressure by warm weather and French holiday
- Chrysanthemum blooming test of Royal van Zanten Colombia
Top 5 - last week
- Wabara expands into new markets with exclusive partnerships
- US (IL): Sunshine delphinium named in honor of John Simko
- Father and sons team harvests sunflowers for British Flowers Week
- Germany: VB Group builds 'Elite' greenhouse for Dümmen Orange
- Wildfire transitions to full hydroponic rose cultivation
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
UK: New National Collections at Hampton Court Palace Flower ShowThis year cultivated plant conservation charity, Plant Heritage, will be showcasing 10 of their specialist National Plant Collections in the Plant Heritage zone, at the centre of the Floral Marque at RHS Hampton Court Palace Flower Show. Of these, five National Plant Collections are being exhibited for the.....
Japanese garden type roses:
Wabara expands into new markets with exclusive partnerships"Wabara will become a global brand". These are the ambitious words of Japanese grower and breeder Ken Kunieda of Rose Farm Keiji. The brand consists of Japanese garden type roses with unusual shapes and scents. Currently, five selected farms, including Rose Farm Keiji are cultivating and selling the brand......
United Selections: Spotlight for the latest yellow in the market"We are the only cut rose breeder whose research and selection activities take place for 100% in the neighborhood of our clients on the East African continent", Chris Makomere of United Selections says. "The whole of the 7-year breeding and selection process to arrive at new varieties adapted to.....
Germany: VB Group builds 'Elite' greenhouse for Dümmen OrangeAt the end of May, a symbolic first spade went into the ground, signaling the start of construction of a new 'Elite' greenhouse for Dümmen Orange at their Rheinberg location in Germany. Here, VB Group's greenhouse and climate companies work together on the complete construction of a modern, 10,000 m2.....
UK: Malus sieboldii Aros takes best in show at New Plant AwardsMalus sieboldii Aros from Frank P Matthews has been crowned this year as Best in Show at the New Plant Awards on the opening morning of the HTA National Plant Show.Judging Panel member Tim Upson, Head of Horticulture at the RHS comments, “Malus sieboldii Aros really stood out as a true winner. Whilst purple.....
Photo Report FlowerTrials 2017PHOTO REPORT Novelties, mixes, concepts and much more was on display at the 59 breeders who participated in the FlowerTrials. With more breeders and locations to visit this year, visitors needed to schedule well. And this already indicates the success of the event. Even though the number of visitors is not known yet, the.....
Change in rose preferences:
"Shapes and colours don’t have to be perfect, but natural and alive"Throughout the ages the rose has always been the symbol of hope, love and perfection. But the rose also has a mysterious side, associated with its origin. This would always be for the hybrid-tea rose, not the mass market Motrea, Carol, Garnett, or Frisco, fantastic varieties with great value-for-money, but.....
Takii Europe expands into Africa and the Middle EastTakii Europe has recently added Africa and the Middle East to its sales territory. Takii & Company, Ltd. in Japan has transferred these two regions to its European subsidiary. The expansion was officially marked by the opening of a new packaging line.Takii & Company has operated in Africa and the.....
Mexico protecting breeder rights betterA fact finding mission from Dutch experts on breeder rights took place in Mexico. Complementary actions will be taken to support Mexico in upgrading their breeder rights membership. The Agriculture Counsellor will prepare the upcoming Mexican visit to the Netherlands in August.Mission of breeder rights.....
'Calibrachoa MiniFamous Double PinkTastic'
Selecta one wins FleuroStar AwardCalibrachoa MiniFamous Double PinkTastic of Selecta one won the FleuroStar Award 2017/18. Breeder Anita Stöver accepted the prize from FleuroStar Committee Chairman Heike Gronemann and Fleuroselect President Herman Hamer.Anita Stöver accepting the award. Left Heike Gronemann, right Herman Hamer.Calibrachoa .....
Kenya: Imaginature wants to introduce GM GypsophilaThe National Biosafety Authority (NBA) of Kenya has received an application from Imaginature Ltd for environmental release and placing on the market of genetically modified (GM) Gypsophila cut flowers in Kenya.Prior to this application, Imaginature in collaboration with Kenya Agricultural and Livestock.....
Flower-size heritability and floral heat-shock tolerance in diploid rosesIn a new study, the effect of heat on rose flowers was examined by measuring flower size in 10 diploid rose populations created by crossing the heat-tolerant Texas A&M University (TAMU) breeding lines (M4-4, J06-20-14-3) and sensitive (97/7-2, ‘Red Fairy’, ‘Sweet Chariot’, ‘Vineyard Song’, ‘Old Blush’,.....
59 breeders opening their doors in the Netherlands and Germany