Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop België / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (953)
- UK: What's in season at the New Covent Garden Flower Market (4)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (27)
- US: AFE educational grant applications due June 1 (4)
- Women's Day: "Russian market is growing up" (2)
- Danish greens grower expands with first own bred peperomias (1)
- Export stop Australia as of March 1 2018 (1)
- Colombia, Kenya and China: What's their recipe for success? (1)
- "Proven Winners is just getting started" (1)
- Market reports: solid research or wild guesses? (4)
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Clever systems reduce watering and careWhen it comes to the development of Pöppelmann TEKU's extensive product range, they always focus on their customers' requirements – for solutions that deliver genuine added-value. They don't just foresee the handling of plants in the nursery but also keep in mind the needs of retailers and consumers alike. A.....
US: Walmart files patent for 'pollination drone'Earlier this month, Walmart filed a patent for a “Pollination Drone” that would be capable of pollinating flowers and crops the same way a bee would. The drone would be fitted with cameras and sensors to identify pollen in one flower before taking it to another.The robo-bees would also have “sticky bristles”.....
Keeping plant-cell motors on trackWithin both plant and animal cells, motor proteins act like the engines in a busy train system. They shuttle material in the cell from one location to another. And just as commuter trains travel a predictable route in a defined direction, their volume of transport is commensurate with need. At rush hour,.....
US: Bill to provide Hawaii with floriculture research fundingReps. Tulsi Gabbard (HI-02) and Colleen Hanabusa (HI-01) have introduced the State Assistance for Tropical Floriculture Research Act of 2018 (H.R. 5066) to support floriculture research and development in Hawaii and across the United States. The bill would authorize grants of a minimum of $250,000 annually.....
Graphical tracking of greenhouse cropsVIDEO Height management can be a challenge for poinsettia growers. Graphical Tracking was developed as a simple crop monitoring and management tool to plot actual plant height or development of a crop and compare this value to target plant height or development over time.In this video Roberto Lopez and Garrett.....
Mark Keulen and Jeroen Beemster
New player in cultivation sensors Planthub makes market entryYou probably haven’t heard of the Planthub before - that’s because it has only become available recently. Nevertheless, mainly growers and companies dealing with sensors and climate control would value this news, because this new, stand-alone system for wireless monitoring of light, temperature, humidity and.....
Internet of Things cultivation boosts greenhouse horticulturePartnering with horticultural specialists at Hortilux, First Consulting has developed a data-driven Internet of Things (IoT) application for a client in the greenhouse horticulture sector.First Consulting has collaborated with Hortilux Schréder, a supplier of professional grow light systems for greenhouse.....
Momentum-based air flow: Better climate and growthHorizontal Air Flow has been in use in greenhouses and indoor growing facilities consistently for over 50 years. In the early stages, air speed was the goal. Unfortunately, speed is difficult to keep consistent and hard to maintain.The true goal of any air distribution system in the greenhouse should be to.....
Philips Lighting signs partnership agreement for Russian marketPhilips Lighting announced the official Philips LED Horti partnership agreement with ST Solution, a Russian specialist in turnkey greenhouse solutions. This partnership, made official at the HortiContact fair (February 20-22) in the Netherlands, came after the two companies worked together on an enormous new.....
Cultivating an illuminating IoT approachLater this year, a new, environmentally friendly greenhouse will open for business at Ter Laak, one of the world’s largest growers of Phalaenopsis plants (moth orchids).Based at Ter Laak’s headquarters in Wateringen in the Netherlands, the 5-hectare greenhouse will be warmed using solar energy and rely on a.....
Canada: New app to reduce water use for ornamental plant sectorIt takes a lot of work – and a lot of water — to grow healthy trees and shrubs for Canada’s ornamental plant sector. The industry, which boasts approximately 3,500 nurseries across Canada, uses an estimated 190 million cubic metres of water every year.by Lisa McLeanBut new research suggests this is two to.....
ErfGoed develops its own ground cover