Job offersmore »
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
- Quality Coordinator EU in Supply Chain Management Dep.
- Regional Sales Director - United States
- Territory Sales Position - US
- International Tomato Grower - Worldwide
- Grower Manager - US
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (736)
- There's a bromeliad for everyone (1)
- Good opportunities to cultivate orchids in India (3)
- Development of the export oriented cut flower rose industry in Africa (4)
- Photoreport: Horticontact (4)
- "Horticulture in Iran can be an alternative to petroleum" (2)
- NL: Vreugdenhil Young Plants launches new concept Pick & Joy (1)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Bremkens Orchids blooms after internal changesFor German phalaenopsis breeder and young plant grower Bremkens Orchids, a lot has happened over the last 1.5 years. They not only started selling their own varieties, but also decided to increase the production volume and homogeneity of their products. Their young plants are being bred and grown in a 3 ha.....
Global warming potential, variable costs and water use of young plant productionIn a new study, the components for two production systems for young foliage plants in 72-count propagation trays were analyzed using life cycle assessment (LCA) procedures. The systems differed by greenhouse type, bench size and arrangement, rainwater capture, .....
Italy: Plant material supplier ramps up production to meet demandThe 2017-18 season began early at Romiti Vivai with a very busy two months of exporting. This coincided with an increase in the number of both new and existing client orders for plant material.Expanding order bookDuring the past year, production has been increased considerably to copy with the expanding.....
US: Botany Lane expands young plant productionBotany Lane Greenhouse (BLG), a long-time top plant producer of finished tropical plants, succulents, and specialty annuals for IGCs in the Western United States, has expanded to provide outstanding young plants for growers and grower-retailers. “We are excited, in particular, to offer a large selection.....
Calluna: From graveyard to backyard"The calluna season has just ended and it has been a good one", says Gerd Canders of Europlant Canders. He and his son Tom, annually grow around 30 million young- and 4 million finished Beauty Ladies callunas in Straelen, Germany. Over the last few years they have seen the market changing and the demand.....
De Jong, De Ruiter, Dümmen Orange, Flower Business Support, IPHandlers, Könst, Meilland, Schreurs, United Selections
NL: IFTF exhibitors open their doorsThe second week of November, the Netherlands will be the place to be for the floriculture industry. Next to the FloraHolland Tradefair that will be held in Aalsmeer and the International Floriculture and Horticulture Trade Fair (IFTF), that will be held in Vijfhuizen, many companies will open their.....
Andreas Pellens, Pellens Hortensien
High times for German hydrangea grower"My father would have advised me to expand the greenhouse, but I'd rather invest in the existing square meters to enhance the quality of the product", says Andreas Pellens of Pellens Hortensien. Recently, this German hydrangea young plant and finished plant grower rearranged the internal greenhouse logistics.....
How cultivation technique influences plantsBefore we can talk about plant activity, it is a good idea to explain what this means exactly. It sometimes seems to be a bit of a buzzword: the plants and the climate must be ‘active’. An active climate is, in fact, a greenhouse climate that is capable of removing moisture. In line with this, we can also.....
Photo report of their new young plants sorting line: