Job offersmore »
- Outside Technical Sales Position, Horticulture - Canada
- Area Manager Russia
- Machine Operator Buitendienst
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Business Development Manager - The Netherlands
- Greenhouse Construction Workers - U.S.
- (Senior) Werkvoorbereider/Engineer Kas Plus - Netherlands
- International Account Manager - Netherlands
- Business Advisor - China
- Account Manager for Technical Horticultural Greenhouse Products - Canada
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (454)
- Veiling Rhein-Maas expands Premium Quality label to lilies (4)
- In 2016 we visited 26 trade shows and shot 5,054 pictures! (1)
- Kenyan rose production falls short of international demand (2)
- China gets slap on the wrist for illegal copying Dutch varieties (1)
- US: Growers respond to GM petunia news (1)
- Photoreport: Horticontact (1)
- US (FL): Bromeliad expert about hybridyzing bromeliads (1)
- India: "High potential for orchid cultivation in Odisha" (1)
- "Fight against thrips is not only won above ground" (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
- Brazil: Despite crisis, opportunities for growth
- How the bumblebee coincidentally saved the greenhouse industry
- US (CA): Monterey County helps former flower growers switch to marijuana
- NL: Cut flower prices under pressure by warm weather and French holiday
- Chrysanthemum blooming test of Royal van Zanten Colombia
Top 5 - last week
- Wabara expands into new markets with exclusive partnerships
- US (IL): Sunshine delphinium named in honor of John Simko
- Father and sons team harvests sunflowers for British Flowers Week
- Germany: VB Group builds 'Elite' greenhouse for Dümmen Orange
- Wildfire transitions to full hydroponic rose cultivation
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Special – Post Harvest
Bart Verduin, Praxas
"Chain-wide approach prevents revenue loss"On April 5, Praxas gave a presentation for 35 employees of the Quality Assurance, Purchase and Sales departments of flower exporter Hilverda De Boer. The purpose of the meeting was to create a synergy between the various departments regarding the awareness of risks such as ethylene, moisture and temperature.....
Cargolux again voted Best All-Cargo AirlineCargolux Airlines International S.A. has again received the prestigious ‘Best All-Cargo Airline’ award from British trade magazine Air Cargo News during a ceremony at London’s Lancaster Hotel on 22 April 2017. Cargolux was honored for its continued delivery of first-class services to its worldwide customers......
Handling imported roses at Veiling Rhein-MaasAt Veiling Rhein-Maas, the Import Department ensures that flowers and plants arriving from countries such as Israel, Ethiopia, Kenya, Turkey, Spain, Portugal, Italy and other countries can be auctioned successfully. The Import Department's work includes e.g. unpacking and preparing products, an initial check.....
Emirates 'hopped to it' for EasterEmirates SkyCargo’s Nabil Sultan openly admits that love is the thing for just about anything air cargo. That would include thinking about it and sharing his thoughts as well.The SkyCargo Divisional Senior Vice President is a guiding force, ramping up capabilities and sales for all manner of perishables that.....
NL: New DAF truck-combination for Transpa EmmenTranspa Emmen, specialist in flower and plant transport, has recently taken delivery of a new DAF XF truck-combination.Transpa provides flowers and plants with all the care that is needed for high-quality transport of floriculture products. Specialists behind the wheel and in the office handling daily.....
United Airlines and Lufthansa Cargo announce joint ventureUnited Airlines (UAL) and Lufthansa Cargo have signed a joint venture agreement for extensive cargo cooperation on routes between the U.S. and Europe. The cargo joint venture partners plan to provide a wide range of benefits to customers by cooperating on the availability of their capacity and aligning.....
Nigeria: Ethiopian Airlines celebrates reopening of Abuja AirportEthiopian Airlines has decided to inaugurate the reopening of the Abuja Airport with its latest technology and the Airbus A350-900. The airplane starts the scheduled service on the Addis Ababa Abuja route.Following this move Ethiopian Group CEO, Mr. Tewolde GebreMariam, remarked; “As a veteran Pan African.....
Video: Tulip processing at Dutch growerVIDEO Van der Peet grows tulips and peonies in Berkhout, the Netherlands. At that location, a new processing system, harvest belts, debulbing machine Pro and Quality Buncher Pro '17 installed. In this way, the tulips as well as the peonies are processed optimally with the same configuration. Below you can view the.....
Hamiplant experimenting with e-CMR
NL: Electronic bill of lading will save millionsDutch flowers and plants go all over the world. The transport is usually arranged with paper bills of lading, but there is a new development: the electronic bill of lading e-CMR.Its usage can save annually, just for the Netherlands alone, EUR 180 million in administrative costs. It was used for the first.....
Large watering trays for Danish trolleysDesch Plantpak recently introduced large watering trays for Danish Trolleys. Alan green presented the first product to grower Chris Clarke. The trays were fully made in the UK. The tray fits the Danish trolley shelf and base and provides a reservoir for easy watering of plants, when they are positioned on.....
Schiphol Aviation Awards recognize cargo communityKLM Cargo, AirBridge Cargo, and Pharma Gateway Amsterdam (PGA) are amongst the nominees of Monday night’s Schiphol Aviation Awards 2016.The awards, which take place each year to recognise the contributions of Royal Schiphol Group’s business partners, were presented during a ceremony at Arendshoeve, Garden of.....
Mandatory batch declaration for exports to US & CanadaBatch declaration for the crops Perennials, Freesia and Nerine is mandatory from 2017 if they are exported to America and Canada.Parcel declaration is no longer sufficientOnly a parcel declaration for USA and/or Canada is no longer accepted by USDA, NVWA and Naktuinbouw. Companies exporting with the.....
Managing crops after harvest in controlled climate conditions: