Job offersmore »
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
- Horticultural Consultant - Sydney, Australia
- Technical Assistant - East Malling (Kent), UK
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (833)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (7)
- "25% annual production growth Mexican phalaenopsis" (2)
- Preview FlowerTrials 2017: Novelties highlighted (1)
- India: The story of KF Bioplants (1)
- "Nursery industry shines at blossoming international floriculture trade" (1)
- "Horticulture in Iran can be an alternative to petroleum" (5)
- Netherlands 50 million stems a year at V.d. Berg Roses (1)
- Update from Dümmen Orange infected begonia cuttings (1)
- US: Congressman visits florist (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
UK: Carbon challenge presents on-farm opportunityFarmers could play a significant part in decarbonisation of the UK’s national heat supply, according to Dr Jonathan Scurlock, Chief Adviser for Renewable Energy and Climate Change at the NFU.“As the voice of British farming, the NFU has a desire to see profitable, resilient and diversified farm businesses.....
Netherlands: EU approves aid for CO2 transport infrastructureThe European Commission said on November 29 that the EC has approved, under EU State aid rules, Dutch plans to grant €3.1 million of public support to the company OCAP CO2 B, for the construction of CO2 transport infrastructure in PrimA4a, in the Greenport of Aalsmeer.This measure is expected to reduce 21.....
US (MA): $900K subsidy for agricultural clean energy projectsThe Baker-Polito Administration awarded 38 grants totaling $908,259 to Massachusetts farmers to implement renewable energy systems and improve energy efficiency on farms. The farms receiving funding are projected to save farmers over $200,000 annually and reduce greenhouse gas emissions by over 660 tons each.....
KenGen eyes more revenues with new subsidiaryPower producer KenGen says it is awaiting regulatory approvals to launch a subsidiary that will oversee its non-electricity generating business.The subsidiary, named KenGen Energy Services (KES), will handle diversified business segments that will be hived off from KenGen, leaving the mother company to.....
UK: Looking after your biomass boilerThe latest GrowSave event focused on how operators of biomass boilers can ensure they are getting the most out of their equipment. Many growers and businesses have installed biomass boilers in recent years, taking advantage of the Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI) scheme. However, those who operate the heating.....
Global light pollution increases 1.8% every yearThe phenomenon ‘lighting revolution’, which is translated as the transition from high-energy lighting to LED, has the reduction of energy consumption as one of its main goals. At the same time, cheaper light leads to more light.This assumption is based on a recent study by Science Advances, they observed.....
starting July 1, 2018