Job offersmore »
- Agronomist (Certified Crop Advisor) - Fresno (CA), USA
- Growing Manager - Skye, Victoria
- Assistant Professor of Urban Horticultural Crops - United States (CA)
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (776)
- India: "High potential for orchid cultivation in Odisha" (2)
- US: Deadline is February 1st for AFE Scholarship applications (1)
- Video: the distribution center of the future (1)
- Hydroponically grown chrysanthemum show good results in summer (1)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (3)
- "Horticulture in Iran can be an alternative to petroleum" (4)
- Development of the export oriented cut flower rose industry in Africa (7)
- Market reports: solid research or wild guesses? (2)
- NL: Vreugdenhil Young Plants launches new concept Pick & Joy (2)
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Special – Year Overview
Kenya's post-election, minimum wage hike Canada, Costa Rican Mother's Day, Chinese Valentine's Day and moreIn August 2017, a lot happened. Markel acquires majority interest in Costa Farms, Industry mourns passing of Francis Kwong, Kenya's post-election unrest leads to worker shortage,Ontario flower growers fear minimum wage hike, Mother's Day in Costa Rica, Valentine's Day in China and much more. Below the.....
July 2017: Tendence Outdoor Living, Cultivate'17, Hishtil's 10th anniversary in South Africa and moreJuly 2017 was again a month with a lot of happenings; 4th of July was celebrated with American Flowers in the US, the first edition of Tendence Outdoor Living took place in Germany, Cultivate'17 in the US and Hishtil celebrated 10 years in South Africa. But more happened, see the overview below:US: 4th of.....
IFTEX, FlowerTrials, Salon du Végétal, Hortitec and moreAgain many exhibitions in June 2017. The month took off with the IFTEX in Kenya, then theInternational Floriculture Expoin the US, the FlowerTrials in the Netherlands and Germany followed bySalon du Végétal in France and Hortitec in Brazil. But more happened, see the overview below.Chris Lindley of Oserian.....
May 16-31, 2017:
Industry in the ban of GM petunia ban and Mother's Day sales resultsThe second half of May 2017, Europe and the US are still dealing with the ban on GM orange petunia. Besides that, a lot of attention went to sales on Mother's Day that was celebrated on May 14, 2017. In the US, Germany, and the Netherlands, the industry was happy with the Mother's Day results. In France,.....
May 1-15, 2017:
Iran Green Trade Fair, Hortiflorexpo, orange petunia and moreMay 2017 was definitely characterized by the orange petunia. But more happened, see the overview of May 1-15, 2017 below:over 5,000 visitorsPhoto impression of Iran Green Trade Fair 2017The Iran Green Trade Fair had its second edition in the Tehran Exhibition Center. From the 21st to the 23rd of April more.....
CAST, new joint venture Benary+, Easter, AstanaFloraExpo and moreApril 2017 took off with the California Spring Trials (CAST), where many breeders showcased their novelties along the west coast of the US. And we stay in the US, with Ballacquiring Kordes' licensing rights from Newflora,and Benary and Volmaryestablished a joint venture for North America. But, of course,.....
Exhibitions, exhibitions and more exhibitionsThe key word of the second half of March 2017 will be exhibition. A new virtual trade show was announced, and the team of FloralDaily made a photo report at the Flower Expo Ukraine and our colleagues of HortiDaily went to the Horti Asia in Thailand. Besides that, also an impression of the World Floral Expo.....
The first weeks of March 2017: Holiday preparations in full swingValentine's Day is over and the flower industry is preparing for the next important holidays, like Mother's Day and Women's Day. But more holidays where flowers play an important role are celebrated in March 2017, like St. Patrick's Day in Ireland and the USA and Ohiganin Japan.Next to preparing and.....
February 2017: Horticontact, MyPlant & Garden and of course... Valentine's DayThe start of 2017 was marked by exhibitions. And in February, they continued with the Horticontact in the Netherlands and the MyPlant & Garden in Italy. Besides that, February is also important as Valentine's Day is being celebrated. But more happened this month. Below a small summary.Broekhof opens.....
January 15-31, 2017
Fierce mother nature, company changes and exhibitionsMother nature, company changes and exhibitions are the key words of the last part of January 2017. Below the overview of all the major happenings in a row.US (MI): Fire destroys Spring Meadow Nursery's office buildingEarly Sunday, January 15, 2017, a fire broke out in the office building of Spring Meadow.....
The first few weeks of 2017The beginning of the year 2017 was marked by happy and sad moments. Colviveros achieved a substantial breakthrough as Colombian plants are now exempted from VAT, Canadian orchid grower Cosmic Plants announced an expansion of their orchid production, Benary announced a joint venture in China and Interplant.....
The major happenings in a row