Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop België / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (955)
- UK: What's in season at the New Covent Garden Flower Market (4)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (27)
- US: AFE educational grant applications due June 1 (4)
- Women's Day: "Russian market is growing up" (2)
- Danish greens grower expands with first own bred peperomias (1)
- Export stop Australia as of March 1 2018 (1)
- Colombia, Kenya and China: What's their recipe for success? (1)
- "Proven Winners is just getting started" (1)
- Market reports: solid research or wild guesses? (4)
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Special – Climate
Jan Botman, Botman Hydroponic:
NL: "Cultivation on water is now really starting"Up until five years ago there were often skeptical reactions to ideas of cultivation on water, gradually you cannot ignore it anymore. Experiments are no longer trials, but thorough research and ideas are no longer figments of the imagination, but complete concepts. Botman Hydroponics worked for more than.....
Russia: Cold greenhouse provides Saint Petersburg with flowersSaint Petersburg will be able to meet up to 60% of the city's demand in flowers for flowerbeds after a new greenhouse complex opened in the south of the metropolis. The young plants grown in an unheated greenhouse in Saint Petersburg are said to be 30% cheaper than the Dutch analogues. The low temperature in.....
New climate screen offers more light and lower energy costsRidder Climate Screens introduces a new energy-conserving screen fabric that offers 2% more light transmission – without detriment to its energy conservation properties.More lightRidder Climate Screens’ new RES 10+ FR climate screen fabric has been developed in response to the demand for more light in dark,.....
Edwin Valkenburg, AgroEnergy:
NL: "Less gas, more heat, this is the moment"The gas consumption must be reduced and we must organize this together. This has been the big news in the world of energy in the Netherlands lately. That is why, according to Edwin Valkenburg of AgroEnergy, now is the right time to get things done by the government, so that horticulture can take a big step.....
Russia: Year-round vegetables under Polar conditionsOutside, the temperatures drop to below -20 degrees Celsius, but inside the Severodvinsk greenhouse, vegetables are growing year-round.Elena Borovina, the greenhouse owner, says that in addition to lettuce, dill and parsley, they grow less common crops like basil, rucola, Swiss chard, spinach, sorrel,.....
UK: 1.5 MW plant sustainably heats greenhouse for edible flowersVIDEO Westlands, in the town of Evesham (UK), is a 24-hectare greenhouse growing several species of plants, notable among which is a particular type of edible flower. Poor electricity supply and a desire to produce sustainable heat for the greenhouse has led Westlands to install a 1.5 MW cogeneration.....
Australia: Edible flower farmer forced to buy in waterKaty Radic has lived for almost five decades in the Orbost region of East Gippsland, renowned for receiving high average annual rainfalls of about 830mm.But Katy — who farms edible flowers and microgreens, alongside cattle and horses on 40ha at Simpsons Creek with her husband Jan — said she had never seen it.....
webinar, March 28
Improve plant growth controls with thermal imaging in greenhousesFollowing last year’s webinars Hoogendoorn will also offer different webinars in 2018. The first webinar of 2018, 'Smarter Growing', will be organised on March 28 in cooperation with LetsGrow.com. This webinar will be focused on measurements at plant level that provide us with new insights and with which we.....
Farming on the moonDr. Gene Giacomelli has a dream to grow veggies on the moon. Gene has dedicated his research at the Controlled Environment Agriculture Center (CEAC) at the University of Arizona in Tucson to designing a lunar greenhouse that will enable astronauts to grow food in outer space.As a student of the UofA’s.....