Job offersmore »
- Business Operations Manager - Guyra, Australia
- Export Commercial Assistant - Barcelona, Spain
- Farm Construction Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Lemon/Citrus Packing-house Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
Last commentsmore »
- Influencing plant growth with LED light (1)
- Kenya: Mount Elgon Orchards expands with 2ha (1)
- Email Marketing for Professional Greenhouse Growers (1)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (1225)
- "Plum Power forever" (19)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (240)
- "During the placement of outdoor screens we've had all types of weather conditions" (1)
- Kenya: Rimi Flora to triple in size (2)
- India: HollandDoor launches new three-year horticultural programme (1)
- Video: Floral Fantasia garden creation time-lapse (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Pakistan: Opportunities for floriculture and greenhouse techniques
- Italian floriculture finds international platform
- Ecuador eager to break Guinness record with huge rose pyramid
- Kenya: Crowdfunded solar panels provide 50% of rose grower’s energy
- North America: Beekenkamp and Syngenta combine poinsettia portfolio
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Special – Post-Harvest
The logistical dance that gets all those flowers to market in EuropeImagine 2,000 trucks being loaded within a 4-hour window at three locations in the Chicago area for overnight delivery by 6 a.m. to cities as far away as Denver, Dallas, Atlanta, Philadelphia, Boston and New York City. You then begin to realize the scale of the world’s largest flower market in the.....
US: Protecting agriculture on the internetWhile we are raising awareness about invasive pests during Invasive Plant Pest and Disease Awareness Month, I wanted to share a bit about what I do every day to protect agriculture. When you picture someone on the front lines of stopping invasive pests, you probably picture someone outside – in a field or a.....
Colombia: Extending shelf life at the start of the chainPost-harvest techniques, processes and products, when done right, can contribute to improve the quality and shelf life of flowers, leading to repeated purchases by consumers. "The lack of these are the core reasons that explain the perception of low value among American consumers and poor consumption, when.....
Personalise flowers by printingGiving flowers to a loved one can be taken a step further, by printing a personal message onto the flower. Merging a flower and a greeting card results in an unique gift.“By using efficient technology we are able to emboss high quality images directly onto fresh flower petals. Our printer can print at the.....
Enhanced customer experience with garden center climate screensThe use of Deco Harmony has improved the retail experience at Intratuin Zoetermeer, the Netherlands. This new generation of climate screens for garden centers is not only reflective but, due to the use of fresh colors, also enhances the atmosphere. Encouraging the consumer to buy another plant or extra.....
South Africa exported 3.4 million proteas last yearSouth Africa’s iconic protea is in high demand with 3,43 million exported throughout the world in 2017. The largest markets are the European Union and Russia, which represent almost half of the exports.This is according to Cape Flora SA, a non-profit company that monitors and promotes sustainable exporting.....
English florists learn a thing or two from Dutch colleaguesThe Flower Circus recently set up camp in Gateshead, Newcastle. Flower magician Michael van Namen went out together with John Koopman to provide the wholesaler's open day with 'floral infotainment'.To give as many florists as possible the opportunity to come to the show, Floral Circus got up before dawn. The.....
Label supplier switches to 100% recycled plasticElburg-Smit has announced their stick-in labels will be made of 100% recycled polystyrene (PS) from now on. This means that the stick-in labels apart from being made to be recyclable after use, are made of 100% recycled material to start with. The material is recognizable by the Elburg-Smit recycle logo.....
Ralph Maas, Carrier:
"Temperature-controlled transport is often client-specific"In 2016, Carrier Transicold Netherlands acquired TRS Transportkoeling. This Dutch company, a manufacturer and service provider of sustainable transport refrigeration systems, became a well-known name in the transport of flowers and plants over the years. Their engine driven transport refrigeration uses a.....
US (NE): Nursery develops comprehensive plant compliance systemNature Hills Nursery, an e-commerce seller of trees, shrubs and perennial plants, has developed a comprehensive plant compliance system called Plant Sentry. This new compliance program is designed to ensure that e-commerce vendors grow and ship only plants that are fully compliant with the regulations and.....
US: SAF seeks industry participation for Petal It ForwardFor the fourth year in a row, the Society of American Florists is leading the industry in a nationwide feel-good promotional effort that shows consumers and reporters how great it feels to both give and receive flowers. SAF’s 2018 Petal It Forward campaign date is set for Wednesday, Oct. 24, 2018, and SAF is.....
US: #FlowerMarketingMonday promotes flowers through weekly videosBeginning April 16th, and weekly through the end of 2018, a new video promoting flowers will be shared weekly on the AFE Facebook and Twitter pages. The campaign, complete with a catchy hashtag #FlowerMarketingMonday will showcase a new 60 second or less video that retailers, wholesalers, growers,.....
for cut roses, tulips and peonies