Job offersmore »
- CEO - Prague
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Innovation Leader - Johnston (Iowa), USA
- VP of Sales - Montreal, Canada
- IPM Consultant - Adelaide Plains, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Australia
- Substrate Grower - Launceston CBD, Tasmania
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (1077)
- India: "High potential for orchid cultivation in Odisha" (3)
- Ukraine: Flowers still popular despite high prices (1)
- Colombian plant growers to get nursery research center (3)
- UK: What's in season at the New Covent Garden Flower Market (12)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (106)
- "25% annual production growth Mexican phalaenopsis" (9)
- Cut, stick and check with the new Cutting & Planting 1800 (1)
- "I tested my growing media, now what?" (5)
- Indian farmer successfully shifts to gerbera cultivation (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Special – Post-Harvest
South Africa exported 3.4 million proteas last yearSouth Africa’s iconic protea is in high demand with 3,43 million exported throughout the world in 2017. The largest markets are the European Union and Russia, which represent almost half of the exports.This is according to Cape Flora SA, a non-profit company that monitors and promotes sustainable exporting.....
English florists learn a thing or two from Dutch colleaguesThe Flower Circus recently set up camp in Gateshead, Newcastle. Flower magician Michael van Namen went out together with John Koopman to provide the wholesaler's open day with 'floral infotainment'.To give as many florists as possible the opportunity to come to the show, Floral Circus got up before dawn. The.....
Label supplier switches to 100% recycled plasticElburg-Smit has announced their stick-in labels will be made of 100% recycled polystyrene (PS) from now on. This means that the stick-in labels apart from being made to be recyclable after use, are made of 100% recycled material to start with. The material is recognizable by the Elburg-Smit recycle logo.....
Ralph Maas, Carrier:
"Temperature-controlled transport is often client-specific"In 2016, Carrier Transicold Netherlands acquired TRS Transportkoeling. This Dutch company, a manufacturer and service provider of sustainable transport refrigeration systems, became a well-known name in the transport of flowers and plants over the years. Their engine driven transport refrigeration uses a.....
US (NE): Nursery develops comprehensive plant compliance systemNature Hills Nursery, an e-commerce seller of trees, shrubs and perennial plants, has developed a comprehensive plant compliance system called Plant Sentry. This new compliance program is designed to ensure that e-commerce vendors grow and ship only plants that are fully compliant with the regulations and.....
US: SAF seeks industry participation for Petal It ForwardFor the fourth year in a row, the Society of American Florists is leading the industry in a nationwide feel-good promotional effort that shows consumers and reporters how great it feels to both give and receive flowers. SAF’s 2018 Petal It Forward campaign date is set for Wednesday, Oct. 24, 2018, and SAF is.....
US: #FlowerMarketingMonday promotes flowers through weekly videosBeginning April 16th, and weekly through the end of 2018, a new video promoting flowers will be shared weekly on the AFE Facebook and Twitter pages. The campaign, complete with a catchy hashtag #FlowerMarketingMonday will showcase a new 60 second or less video that retailers, wholesalers, growers,.....
for cut roses, tulips and peonies