Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Last commentsmore »
- Bidens & Calibrachoa take center stage at Danziger Flower Trials display (7)
- US (OK): Specialty crop grants available (7)
- Anthura reintroduces Cypripedium in Switzerland (7)
- US (CA): Flower farms threatened by fires (7)
- Guatemala: Dümmen Orange worried about missing employees (12)
- Why B.C.’s floriculture industry is blooming in challenging times (12)
- China: Oboya signs broad cooperation agreement (16)
- Sneak peek California Spring Trials (13)
- Australia: Pesticide usage and effective phytotoxicity management (13)
- Little robot looks after plants (12)
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- US (SD): Family reflects on 47 years in the greenhouse business
- Denmark: New series of bio roses named with champagne
- Cool night temperatures induce crown buds in garden mums
- Pakistan: Opportunities for floriculture and greenhouse techniques
- Australia: "Imported flowers carry pests that risk agriculture industries"
Exchange ratesmore »
US: Still a lot unclear surrounding chlorpyrifos banThe U.S. 9th Circuit Court of Appeals has ordered the EPA to remove chlorpyrifos from sale in the U.S. within sixty days. This ruling applies to all cropping systems and all products containing chlorpyrifos. Three judges reviewed the suit, known as League of United Latin American Citizens v. Wheeler, and the.....
US: Rose rosette disease confirmed in north LouisianaNew reports of rose rosette disease were recently confirmed in commercial landscapes in the Shreveport and Bossier City area.It is a devastating disease of roses and was first confirmed in Louisiana during fall 2015, said LSU AgCenter plant doctor Raj Singh.All rose cultivars are susceptible, including Knock.....
Canada to phase out outdoor use of two neonicotinoid pesticidesHealth Canada’s Pest Management Regulatory Agency is proposing to cancel all outdoor uses ofclothianidin and thiamethoxam. According to Health Canada, the two neonicotinoid pesticides are being measured at levels that are harmful to aquatic insects."Protecting the health and safety of Canadians and their.....
New Zealand: Successful partnership prevented establishment of new pestMPI and affected industry GIA partners including TomatoesNZ have agreed to “stand down” the Poinsettia Thrips (Echniothrips americanas) investigation, after surveys found no further specimens.The “Unwanted Organism” was discovered in August 2017 in one Auckland greenhouse.This species of Thrips can feed on a.....
Ethiopia: IPM technical committee for horticulture sector establishedA workshop on Integrated Pest Management (IPM) technical committee establishment for commercial horticulture crops (CHCs) was held on July 31, 2018 at Capital Hotel; with the objective to promote IPM in more practical ways within the horticulture sector in Ethiopian agriculture.Ethiopian Horticulture.....
"15 percent of pesticide products in Kenya are fake"Farmers in Kenya are exposed to counterfeit pesticide products that are rampant in the market. This is according to Patrick Amuyunzu, Chairperson of the Agro-chemical Association of Kenya (AAK). AKK estimates that the country loses between 100-120 billion annually from the trade of counterfeit pesticides.....
UK: SCEPTREplus delivers new biopesticideProtected ornamental growers in the UK now have access to a new biopesticide, FLiPPER, for the control of a range of pests.The authorisation for the product was sought by AHDB’s Minor Use team, in collaboration with Alpha Biocontrol and Fargro, following successful performance within SCEPTREplus, the crop.....
US (MA): Fusarium wilt of chrysanthemumFusarium wilt of chrysanthemum was diagnosed in the UMass Extension Plant Diagnostic Lab. Chrysanthemums infected with Fusarium show symptoms of wilting and dieback, often on one side of the plant. Discoloration of the vascular system is often observed when the base of the stem is cut open.Fusarium wilt can.....
US (CA): Chlorpyrifos use down in Santa Barbara CountyA comprehensive risk assessment of chlorpyrifos, a broad-spectrum pesticide used to eliminate pests from a variety of crops including many grown in northern Santa Barbara County, ended July 30 with the recommendation that the California Department of Pesticide Regulation (DPR) list the compound as a toxic.....
August 22, Portland