Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Last commentsmore »
- Bidens & Calibrachoa take center stage at Danziger Flower Trials display (7)
- US (OK): Specialty crop grants available (7)
- Anthura reintroduces Cypripedium in Switzerland (7)
- US (CA): Flower farms threatened by fires (7)
- Guatemala: Dümmen Orange worried about missing employees (12)
- Why B.C.’s floriculture industry is blooming in challenging times (12)
- China: Oboya signs broad cooperation agreement (16)
- Sneak peek California Spring Trials (13)
- Australia: Pesticide usage and effective phytotoxicity management (13)
- Little robot looks after plants (12)
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- US (SD): Family reflects on 47 years in the greenhouse business
- Denmark: New series of bio roses named with champagne
- Cool night temperatures induce crown buds in garden mums
- Pakistan: Opportunities for floriculture and greenhouse techniques
- Australia: "Imported flowers carry pests that risk agriculture industries"
Exchange ratesmore »
Piet Kuivenhoven, Kuivenhoven Potplanten
"Passion is the icing on the cake of the company"According to Piet Kuivenhoven, passion and innovation are the distinctive values of Kuivenhoven Potplanten in Poeldijk, The Netherlands. Although the pot plant grower has only just passed 50, he is already working hard to secure the future of his company and those core values. To realize this,.....
October 4, Lansing
US (MI): Nutritional monitoring of floriculture crops workshopGarden mums, asters, celosia, ornamental cabbage and kale, pansies and poinsettias are among the most common crops currently residing in greenhouses now for fall and winter sales. Some may think it is too early to start thinking about winter, spring or bedding plant production. However, nutritional disorders.....
China: Chrysanthemum plantation helps people fight povertyA chrysanthemum plantation in Dongzhangbao Town, covering an area of some 3,000 mu (about 200 hectares), has helped local people get rid of poverty. Xinhua has posted some pictures featuring farmers harvesting chrysanthemum in Nanzhao Village of Dongzhangbao Town in Handan, north China's Hebei.....
UK: AHDB hosts workshops for narcissus growersAHDB are hosting two events at Lincolnshire and Cornwall. Both events will be featuring updates on AHDB projects including BOF 077: An Investigation into the benefits of using water disinfection options during HWT, SCEPTREplus herbicide trials and an introduction to the new SmartHort campaign, which focuses.....
win-win for Dutch lily cultivation
More marigolds, more bees, better liliesA good example of a win-win situation. In the northern Dutch province of Drenthe, more and more lily bulbs are grown. It's going quite well, although there's a constant struggle with the lesion nematodes, one of the biggest enemies of the lily bulb. Now it has been found that on the ground where first.....
e-GRO launches Nutritional Monitoring of Floriculture Crops bookA new book on nutritional monitoring for greenhouse, floriculture and vegetables is available from e-GRO, a collaborative team of university floriculture specialists and educators.Photo 1. e-GRO launched a Nutritional Monitoring of Floriculture Crops book, “Fert, Dirt, & Squirt: Nutritional Monitoring of.....
Irrigation mat provides solution for water shortagesWhilst Europe has been basking under record temperatures, water management techniques are under intense scrutiny. For nurseries and growers across this continent, the issues are acute. In the U.K., hosepipe bans are imminent for the consumer and how to save water is a major challenge for the horticultural.....
US (MI): Pest management in fall aster productionThe dog days of summer are here! We typically use that term to describe the time around late July and early August when daytime temperatures are the hottest of the year. This year, early July in southwest Michigan was scorching hot with temperatures a full 10 degrees Fahrenheit above average (or more!) in.....
How the cut flower industry could use AI to growThe UK flower industry could contribute more to the UK economy if they were better supported and understood by the AI community and other technology areas.by Caroline Chibelushi, KTN’s Knowledge Transfer Manager for AIAs a keen gardener myself, the first time I related flowers with AI was in 2012, when I was.....
UK: Future of cut flower research centre securedFunding for The Cut Flower Centre has been confirmed for a further five years, with a broadened remit to research crop protection. The Centre will build on its past record of bringing new commercially successful cut flowers to the UK market and will also now help to address key industry research needs. New.....
Cool night temperatures induce crown buds in garden mumsOutdoor production of garden mums exposed to several cool nights of temperatures below 60 degrees Fahrenheit induce premature bud formation or crown buds.Figure 1. Crown buds in outdoor garden mum production. All photos by W. Garrett Owen, MSU Extenson.Light and temperature influence plant growth and.....
CAN (ON): Poinsettia prep refresherNow that poinsettias are safely tucked into their prop trays and the threat of Erwinia (Pectobacterium) is almost over, it’s time to think about other Poinsettia issues.Root rots, nutritional issues, environmental stress and PGR mistakes can all be costly in this high-value crop. Read on for common pitfalls.....
How did oxygenation of irrigation water affect bedding plants?Research at the University of Florida focused on evaluating whether oxygenation of irrigation water affected plant growth and substrate dissolved oxygen (DO) levels during mist propagation of unrooted cuttings and subsequent growth in containers.There were no measured differences in root growth when ambient.....
Perry van der Haak: