Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Last commentsmore »
- Bidens & Calibrachoa take center stage at Danziger Flower Trials display (7)
- US (OK): Specialty crop grants available (7)
- Anthura reintroduces Cypripedium in Switzerland (7)
- US (CA): Flower farms threatened by fires (7)
- Guatemala: Dümmen Orange worried about missing employees (12)
- Why B.C.’s floriculture industry is blooming in challenging times (12)
- China: Oboya signs broad cooperation agreement (16)
- Sneak peek California Spring Trials (13)
- Australia: Pesticide usage and effective phytotoxicity management (13)
- Little robot looks after plants (12)
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- US (SD): Family reflects on 47 years in the greenhouse business
- Denmark: New series of bio roses named with champagne
- Cool night temperatures induce crown buds in garden mums
- Pakistan: Opportunities for floriculture and greenhouse techniques
- Australia: "Imported flowers carry pests that risk agriculture industries"
Exchange ratesmore »
All InSeason introduced preserved roses into New ZealandAfter introducing preserved roses to Australia in 2015, Diana Carolina, Managing Director of All InSeason Pty Ltd, announces that the company has now expanded its preserved rose operations into New Zealand, with the very first shipment of All InSeason’s preserved roses landing in New Zealand in July of this.....
Danny van Uffelen of Zentoo:
"Russians follow Western trend toward smaller chrysanthemums”While disbudded chrysanthemums were traditionally the best sellers in Russia, over the last few years the demand has shifted to spray chrysanthemums and santinis, Danny van Uffelen of Zentoo tells us. Russia is their major market and due to the change in demand, they changed the assortment of their.....
India: Perishable cargo terminal planned at Srinagar AirportIn a move that can help boost exports of delicate fresh fruits, cut flowers and exotic vegetables from Kashmir, a proposal for the construction of a perishable cargo terminal at Srinagar Airport is at the final stage of planning. The dedicated cargo terminal for the perishables is a joint effort of the.....
Deliflor adds yellow variety to Magnum chrysanthemum rangeThe disbudded chrysanthemum Magnum will get a yellow extension in week 33: Magnum Yellow. This new variety will be supplied by 2 quality growers: Arcadia Chrysanten and VannoVa J&A Flowers.Magnum Yellow also has the distinctive large flower with the enormous amount of petals that unfold into a large.....
Are Kenyan flowers actually more sustainable?Kenya is the biggest exporter of roses to Europe, transporting almost 160,000 tonnes of cut flowers in 2017. The country’s climate is perfect for growing flowers, its proximity to the equator providing daily sunshine and mild temperatures year-round. But an increasing awareness of the virtues of buying.....
The importance of keeping flowers coldIn the floral industry, there’s increasing recognition of the importance of cold temperatures — and providing cold temperatures for every flower from the point of harvest to the point of sale. (One notable exception to this rule: tropical flowers.) And, just for clarity, "cold" means 34 F to 36 F.by Terril.....
UK: Future of cut flower research centre securedFunding for The Cut Flower Centre has been confirmed for a further five years, with a broadened remit to research crop protection. The Centre will build on its past record of bringing new commercially successful cut flowers to the UK market and will also now help to address key industry research needs. New.....
Breeder Rosa Eskelund receives The Golden RoseThe Danish and internationally acknowledged rose breeder Rosa Eskelund received The Golden Rose from the World Federation of Rose Societies. Rosa Eskelund received this honour for her breeding of the rose ‘Friendship Forever’ to mark the 50th anniversary of WFRS, which was celebrated in Copenhagen in June......
ABE Flowers, Frans van den Berg:
"There will always be a market for quality""It is hard work on the German market, you really have to follow the customers. If you lose one, you don't automatically get a new one," says Dutch flower exporter Frans van den Berg from ABE Flowers. He is active on the German market, particularly in the Cologne-Bonn-Koblenz region, and supplies the high.....
Snapshot: Yunnan's annual flower expo wraps up in KunmingProfessionals from all parts of the Chinese floral supply chain congregated in Kunming from July 13 to 15. The gathered exhibitors and visitors were attending the Kunming International Flower Expo (KIFE), along with several concurrent events, including the China Floriculture Retail Forum and the China Home.....
UK: Saffie's rose named after youngest victim of Manchester terror attackA garden which features a rose named in honour of the youngest victim of the Manchester terror attack will become a permanent memorial to her. The BBC North West Tonight Garden at the Tatton Flower show features a rose created specially in the memory of Saffie Rose Roussos, the eight-year-old girl from.....
NL: Gladiolus also suffering from hot summer"It's just too hot, and that's why the prices are disappointing. The season started off nicely, but the last two weeks it's less. This morning the auction clock price was 11 cents, which is the lowest of this season," says Johan Denissen from Denissen Gladiolenkwekerij Odiliapeel. Now the Four Day Marches.....
Summer Flowers: in the August Flower AgendaSummer is associated with colour, warmth and happiness: beautiful sunny days welcome blooms Delphinium, Allium and Gladiolus. Consumers will find lots of inspiration and information on Funnyhowflowersdothat.co.uk.The origin of these summer flowersDelphinium is a typical horticultural product of the English,.....
Hilverda De Boer 'exporter of the month' at Parfum Flower Company