Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Last commentsmore »
- Bidens & Calibrachoa take center stage at Danziger Flower Trials display (7)
- US (OK): Specialty crop grants available (7)
- Anthura reintroduces Cypripedium in Switzerland (7)
- US (CA): Flower farms threatened by fires (7)
- Guatemala: Dümmen Orange worried about missing employees (12)
- Why B.C.’s floriculture industry is blooming in challenging times (12)
- China: Oboya signs broad cooperation agreement (16)
- Sneak peek California Spring Trials (13)
- Australia: Pesticide usage and effective phytotoxicity management (13)
- Little robot looks after plants (12)
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- US (SD): Family reflects on 47 years in the greenhouse business
- Denmark: New series of bio roses named with champagne
- Cool night temperatures induce crown buds in garden mums
- Pakistan: Opportunities for floriculture and greenhouse techniques
- Australia: "Imported flowers carry pests that risk agriculture industries"
Exchange ratesmore »
US (MA): Flowerbomb spruces up bus stopCommuters in Everett were greeted with an unusual pop of color at a Broadway bus stop recently. Hit with a so-called “flower bomb,” the bus shelter had been drenched with garlands of red, orange, and yellow flowers, in a scene straight out of a Beyoncé photoshoot.The “floral takeover,” which was found at the.....
"New York’s flower district is dying"West 28th Street once boasted more than 65 wholesalers. Now it’s a handful of second- and third-generation shops. As nearby hotels and condos shoot up, skyrocketing rents have forced out wholesalers and florists who can’t keep up, a pattern seen all over the city as bank branches and drugstore chains appear.....
Partnership to boost professional floristry in ChinaA partnership is being developed between Florint and Uniflorist, Florint's new member association from China, with the aim to further professionalize floristry in the fast-growing country. The details of the arrangement have been worked out during a recent visit to China by Heinrich Göllner, Florint.....
David Austin Roses:
From traditional to contemporaryFloral reporter, Bruce Wright, joined the world’s floral elite at this year’s symposium of the American Institute of Floral Designers (AIFD). He witnessed at first hand three very different design styles using David Austin roses. Here we learn more as he paints a picture of his experience at this annual.....
US (CA): Safeway launches Certified American Grown Debi Lilly bouquetThe recently released Certified American Grown Debi Lilly bouquet is now available at Safeway’s Northern California stores.The bouquet began arriving in stores in July, which Congress has declared American Grown Flowers Month.The design features lilies, gerberas and lisianthus and is available in a range of.....
Brad van Bremen, Logico:
Europe: "No shortage of creativity among orchid growers"Exclusive orchids are doing really well this season. This is encouraging for growers now that Phalaenopsis isn't doing as well price-wise. "The demand for orchids is generally the same as last year, and that is positive. In the past the exclusive orchids generally followed suit when the Phalaenopsis.....
NL: Wim Hazelaar Trofee registration open until August 15Those interested in joining the competition Wim Hazelaar Trofee 2018 can sign up before August 15th. At the beginning of September, the twelve competitors of 2018 will be announced.Winners WOF 2017Like last year Wim Hazelaar Trofee 2018 will be a competition among florists from different countries. The days.....
Harm van Raaij, FloraZON:
NL: "Consumers want sustainable products"Many florists know where to find the Flora Trade Parc. Every week they drive to the Dutch city Venlo to do some shopping. "Our customers come from far and wide", says Harm van Raaij of FloraZON. "Both from the Netherlands, Germany, Belgium and from further away, like from Italy."Sometimes they come once,.....
ABE Flowers, Frans van den Berg: