Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Last commentsmore »
- Bidens & Calibrachoa take center stage at Danziger Flower Trials display (7)
- US (OK): Specialty crop grants available (7)
- Anthura reintroduces Cypripedium in Switzerland (7)
- US (CA): Flower farms threatened by fires (7)
- Guatemala: Dümmen Orange worried about missing employees (12)
- Why B.C.’s floriculture industry is blooming in challenging times (12)
- China: Oboya signs broad cooperation agreement (16)
- Sneak peek California Spring Trials (13)
- Australia: Pesticide usage and effective phytotoxicity management (13)
- Little robot looks after plants (12)
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- US (SD): Family reflects on 47 years in the greenhouse business
- Denmark: New series of bio roses named with champagne
- Cool night temperatures induce crown buds in garden mums
- Pakistan: Opportunities for floriculture and greenhouse techniques
- Australia: "Imported flowers carry pests that risk agriculture industries"
Exchange ratesmore »
Berg Hortimotive renews pipe rail trolleys:
New foot switch pipe-rail trolleys is more ergonomicAt the end of 2017, Berg Hortimotive decided to renew the foot pedal, which is used to drive and stop pipe-rail trolleys. The old foot pedals that were used before, among others on the Benomic series pipe-rail trolleys, can now also be replaced by a new, more ergonomic version. When the new foot switch is.....
UK grower replaces the black plastic potThe Bransford Webbs Plant Company have been at the forefront of the current industry initiative to replace black plastic pots with a kerbside recyclable alternative and have chaired the recent meeting to push this movement forward. Increasing pressure from consumers on single use plastics has led to the need.....
"Growing demand for bespoke packaging""Adopting fine-tuned environmentally-friendly design practice should always be considered at the start of the design process." This is stated by the team with packaging specialists MacPac. "Working in collaboration with customers to minimise environmental impact and avoiding costly downstream delays.....
Herbachef launches biodegradable packaging products
Belgium: "Getting into organic herb cultivation was a great decision"About six years ago, Belgian azalea grower Andesch Flower took the first cautious steps in the cultivation of herbs. Now the company has grown into one of the big players on the market. It's one of the two organic producers of herbs in Belgium, and it's also a grower who's very passionate about sustainable.....
Plastic as part of a sustainable solutionPlastic has in recent times been demonised by the press and it is now the assumption of many that we should find alternatives wherever possible. It is however a versatile material and when used responsibly, and recycled after use, it does not automatically have the disastrous environmental impact often.....
DecoWraps introduces 70% Recycled HDPE Plastic Packaging
"Trying to make a difference, however small"Every year the world produces approximately 311 Megatons (MT) of plastics, with an ever increasing demand, and it is estimated this quantity will quadruple by 2050.78MT of this plastic production can be attributed to single use plastic packaging. Of this plastic packaging, only 5% is currently being recycled.....
All-in-One Hanger and Trellis and Latch-on-Pot Trellis
US: New trellis adds value - night and dayTwo new products are about to make their entry into the horticulture industry. The first is called the "All-in-One Hanger and Trellis" for hanging baskets and the second is called the “Latch-on-Pot Trellis” for patio pots. Both are manufactured by Scroll Trellis, a Hugo (MN) based company. What makes both.....
Modiform’s EcoExpert declared innovation winner of the yearModiform recently won two awards with EcoExpert. At HortWeek’s Horticulture Business Awards EcoExpert came out on top in the category ‘Best Business Innovation of the Year’. Last week the company received this award in London during a gala evening. In Nantes (France) EcoExpert won the Golden award of the.....
Recyclable plastic for living herb potsVitacress is introducing recyclable plastic packaging to its living herb pots and in doing so eliminating the black plastic pots it currently uses. The new grey pots contain 90% recycled content, and will be used for all fresh sowings on the business’ West Sussex nursery from July 2018.Vitacress recognised.....