Job offersmore »
- Inside Sales Coordinator - USA
- Sales Engineer, Water - The Netherlands
- Crop care supervisor - Australia
- Nursery Systems Manager - Australia
- GENERAL / FARM MANAGER - India
- Grower / Ag scientist - Australia
- Technical/ Product Representative, Russia
- Technical/ Product Representative, India
- Retail Chain Manager - Russia
- Business Advisor - China
Last commentsmore »
- Terra Nova Nurseries introduces heat-loving heucherella variety (10)
- For sale: 10 brand new Cummins natural gas generators (7)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (601)
- Milestones, lessons from California’s historic drought (11)
- "Plum Power forever" (6)
- Dutch grower supplies plants to world's biggest cruise ship (12)
Top 5 - yesterday
- "Better shelf life, bigger and whiter flowers"
- US: Relief efforts underway for hurricane-impacted florists
- Best practices for commercial greenhouse construction projects
- Fresh Market Conference in Warsaw draws more international visitors
- Frans-Peter Dechering Commercial Director at Schoneveld Breeding
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
New gypsophila post-harvest solution from Chrysal:
"Better shelf life, bigger and whiter flowers"Starting off with a very small cultivation acreage, Gypsophila as a crop, has gained prominence in Kenya over the last 5 years. Currently, the crop is being cultivated on an acreage of 180 to 200 ha in Kenya and is still growing. Due to this increased production, Chrysal developed a strategy to support the.....
India: Renovation of cold storage for flowers a boonThe initiative of the state government to renovate the only dedicated cold storage for flowers in South Bengal has immensely benefitted flower traders of the region. Flower growers mainly from three districts — Howrah, East and West Midnapore — store their yields in the cold storage at Panskura. The cold.....
New Zealand: Flower industry grows anxious over fuel crisisThe airline fuel crisis couldn't have come at a more nail-biting time for North Canterbury peony flower grower Andrew Gallagher.He was about to begin harvest for his first overseas shipment via Auckland next week - NZ Refining said it expects to repair the damaged fuel pipeline by next Tuesday.If so, it will.....
Australia: Changing of import conditions of fresh cut flowersAs part of a systematic review of Australia’s import conditions, the Department of Agriculture and Water Resources has reviewed the import conditions for fresh cut flower and foliage imports from all countries. Analysis of interception data indicates a high detection rate of insect pests with consignments.....
Floralife reminds us that “Flowers Love Food Too!”Floralife announces a global promotion for its newly expanded Express product line. The “Flowers Love Food Too!” campaign stresses the importance of proper hydration and nutrition for cut flowers, as well as promotes the efficacy of Floralife’s Express product line. Express Technology from Floralife is a.....
The making of an Oudolf meadowThe Delaware Botanic Garden at Pepper Creek (DBG) isn’t even open to the public yet, but it has already put itself on the map. Renowned landscape designer and plantsman Piet Oudolf has designed a meadow for the nascent garden on Delaware’s Eastern Shore. The meadow will be a centerpiece of the gardens, and.....
Kenya: New spray tunnel extends vase lifeThis week Vaselife International is launching its new Vaselife Defend Spray Tunnel, which has been specifically designed to spray their Vaselife Defend product. The design and building of the Spray Tunnel has been a collaboration between Vaselife International and greenhouse manufacturer Bosman Van.....
The auctioneer speaks: