Job offersmore »
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop België / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (956)
- UK: What's in season at the New Covent Garden Flower Market (4)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (27)
- US: AFE educational grant applications due June 1 (4)
- Women's Day: "Russian market is growing up" (2)
- Danish greens grower expands with first own bred peperomias (1)
- Export stop Australia as of March 1 2018 (1)
- Colombia, Kenya and China: What's their recipe for success? (1)
- "Proven Winners is just getting started" (1)
- Market reports: solid research or wild guesses? (4)
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
"Wheat grows twice as fast under LEDs"A team of scientists has cut the growing time of wheat by 50 per cent by using LED lighting. It’s the latest breakthrough in the LED revolution sweeping the horticultural industry. Researchers from Australia and the UK grew wheat from seed to maturity in just eight weeks instead of the standard 16 week.....
US: Application deadline is June 1 for AFE research pre-proposalsThe American Floral Endowment (AFE) is now calling for research pre-proposal applications for 2019-2020. Secure funding for your floriculture research project by applying before the deadline of June 1.The primary research funding priorities are relevant to all segments of the floral industry:Botrytis Control.....
New irrigation technology for Hishtil Ltd.Hishtil Ltd. installs inside their greenhouses the new irrigation technology by Conic System. The producer of seedlings installed the advanced irrigation technology in the new project in Mexico.Full controlLast Spring 2017 this technology has been installed in 2 nurseries, one in Israel and the other in.....
Clever systems reduce watering and careWhen it comes to the development of Pöppelmann TEKU's extensive product range, they always focus on their customers' requirements – for solutions that deliver genuine added-value. They don't just foresee the handling of plants in the nursery but also keep in mind the needs of retailers and consumers alike. A.....
US: Walmart files patent for 'pollination drone'Earlier this month, Walmart filed a patent for a “Pollination Drone” that would be capable of pollinating flowers and crops the same way a bee would. The drone would be fitted with cameras and sensors to identify pollen in one flower before taking it to another.The robo-bees would also have “sticky bristles”.....
Keeping plant-cell motors on trackWithin both plant and animal cells, motor proteins act like the engines in a busy train system. They shuttle material in the cell from one location to another. And just as commuter trains travel a predictable route in a defined direction, their volume of transport is commensurate with need. At rush hour,.....
US: Bill to provide Hawaii with floriculture research fundingReps. Tulsi Gabbard (HI-02) and Colleen Hanabusa (HI-01) have introduced the State Assistance for Tropical Floriculture Research Act of 2018 (H.R. 5066) to support floriculture research and development in Hawaii and across the United States. The bill would authorize grants of a minimum of $250,000 annually.....
Graphical tracking of greenhouse cropsVIDEO Height management can be a challenge for poinsettia growers. Graphical Tracking was developed as a simple crop monitoring and management tool to plot actual plant height or development of a crop and compare this value to target plant height or development over time.In this video Roberto Lopez and Garrett.....
Mark Keulen and Jeroen Beemster
New player in cultivation sensors Planthub makes market entryYou probably haven’t heard of the Planthub before - that’s because it has only become available recently. Nevertheless, mainly growers and companies dealing with sensors and climate control would value this news, because this new, stand-alone system for wireless monitoring of light, temperature, humidity and.....
Internet of Things cultivation boosts greenhouse horticulturePartnering with horticultural specialists at Hortilux, First Consulting has developed a data-driven Internet of Things (IoT) application for a client in the greenhouse horticulture sector.First Consulting has collaborated with Hortilux Schréder, a supplier of professional grow light systems for greenhouse.....