Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (673)
- Dutch grower supplies plants to world's biggest cruise ship (27)
- Terra Nova Nurseries introduces heat-loving heucherella variety (25)
- For sale: 10 brand new Cummins natural gas generators (16)
- "Plum Power forever" (17)
- Milestones, lessons from California’s historic drought (24)
- Kenya: Rimi Flora to triple in size (1)
- How can we make millennials purchase flowers again? (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Andreas Pellens, Pellens Hortensien
High times for German hydrangea grower"My father would have advised me to expand the greenhouse, but I'd rather invest in the existing square meters to enhance the quality of the product", says Andreas Pellens of Pellens Hortensien. Recently, this German hydrangea young plant and finished plant grower rearranged the internal greenhouse logistics.....
How cultivation technique influences plantsBefore we can talk about plant activity, it is a good idea to explain what this means exactly. It sometimes seems to be a bit of a buzzword: the plants and the climate must be ‘active’. An active climate is, in fact, a greenhouse climate that is capable of removing moisture. In line with this, we can also.....
Photo report of their new young plants sorting line:
Homogeneity key for Bremkens OrchidsSupplying the grower a tray with uniform phalaenopsis young plants. This was the main goal of Bremkens Orchids when deciding to purchase a new sorting line. Four months ago, they installed one from Flier Systems - equipped with a camera from Aris - and they are pleased with the results. "Next to supplying.....
Ellepot introduces new tray fillerIn today's green industry, time, resources and staff are all important factors for success. However labor is hard to find, retain and finance. Automation is a key component in order to cut production costs, andestablishefficient and uniform production methods. That is exactly the need that the latest.....
'an important step within our industry towards “Living Wages”'
Selecta one, Wagagai Flower farm initiate new role model of trading fair poinsettiasSince 2016, Selecta one supplies Fairtrade certified young plants to their poinsettia growers besides conventional ones. All poinsettias are sourced from Wagagai Ltd. in Uganda. Besides improving health and safety measures, enabling freedom of association and collective bargaining the employees benefit from.....
Oasis introduces 100% biodegradable PlantPaperOasis Grower Solutions recently introduced its new PlantPaper, a 100 percent biodegradable paper wrap for plant propagation media for young plant production.PlantPaper is an all-natural, bio-based, wrap media that contains no glue and does not leave any chemical residues. PlantPaper can be used with most.....
C. Raker & Sons acquired by Roberta’s Unique GardensLast Friday, September 1, Roberta’s Unique Gardens (“Roberta’s”) of Waldron, Indiana and C. Raker & Sons, Inc. (“Raker”) of Litchfield, Michigan announced that they have entered into a definitive agreement for Roberta’s to acquire 100% of Raker’s business. The transaction is expected to close in the.....
Simon Earley anticipates more business after BrexitSince Brexit and the general election result, UK growers have been faced with increasing uncertainty and consolidation in the UK market."Despite this uncertainty, it’s never been more important to retain a strong supply chain", says Simon Earley of Earley Ornamentals. "We believe the benefits of working with.....
"A sign of the customer's familiarization with the plant"