- COO Flower & Plant greenhouse production farm, Vietnam
- Sales Representative - Leamington (Ontario) Canada
- Assistant Production & Plant Health Manager
- Commercial Manager | Huelva, Spain | Soft Fruits
- Head of International Farming
- Sr. Productinnovatie (R&D) Engineer
- Aftersales Coördinator
- Maintenance Manager - Morehead (KY) USA
- Grower - Morehead (KY) USA
- Labor Manager - Morehead (KY) USA
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Olga Lundager, Lundager:
Europe: Green plants hot items for Mother's Day
Out of crisis
According to Olga Lundager, the owner of LUNDAGER, the popularity of green plants in general combined with the fact that many European countries are out of the crisis contributes to a higher demand for their products. "Compared to last year, the demand for our plants and Mother's Day concepts is about 20% higher. The countries we export to seem to be out of the crisis. Consumers are positive and are buying again."
On the left: Green plants in heart-shaped magnet pots. On the right: Succulents in heart shaped pots.
Mother's Day products
Green plants seem to be hot items this Mother's Day. "We sell a lot of green plants for compositions and our new Mother's Day concepts - green plants or succulents in heart-shaped magnet pots - are doing well too." These pots are, next to their production of about 450 finished plants an important part of their business. They produce about 200 designs of ceramic pots and magnetic pots. "Every year, we try to come up with new designs that meet the taste of the different markets we serve."
Olga Lundager holding the new anthuriums at the IPM Essen 2017, in Germany.
On top of that, they are also active in developing new plant varieties. In cooperation with several breeders, they developed a new mini Anthurium and introduced it in 2016. "In Europe, we now have the exclusive rights to produce this plant in pot sizes 6 and 7 cm," says Lundager. Later that year, they added four new colors in pot size of 6 cm and these seem to be well in demand for Mother's Day too.
Mother's Day celebrations spread out
LUNDAGER starts shipping out their products about two weeks in advance of the holiday. So, at the moment, they are busy shipping out the products for Mother's Day in Denmark and Germany, that will be celebrated on May 14. Then, right after, we will start shipping to Sweden and France, where they will celebrate Mother's Day on Sunday May 28. "It is quite convenient for us to have these holidays a bit spread out. In this way, we are able to take more orders and have a sufficient supply."
For more information
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-12-06 "The Isles of Scilly has the perfect climate for daffodils"
- 2019-12-06 Looking back at the first year of NewGen
- 2019-12-05 US (GA): Horticulture students offering locally grown Christmas cheer
- 2019-12-05 Coming up roses
- 2019-12-04 Class in a glasshouse – new film goes behind the scenes in the Lea Valley
- 2019-12-04 US (OR): "People want a very busy poinsettia with lots of flower heads on it"
- 2019-12-03 Italy: Poinsettia comparisons in full swing at Po di Tramontana
- 2019-12-03 'The queen of flowers on a plate'
- 2019-12-03 Turkish company exports edible flowers to the Maldives
- 2019-12-03 Japanese poinsettia growers busy before holiday season
- 2019-12-03 25 years and 25 varieties of Amaryllis
- 2019-12-03 US (TN): Hermann Holtkamp Greenhouses receives MPS-A+ certificate
- 2019-12-02 Netherlands: Arcadia opens 4.7 ha chrysanthemum greenhouse
- 2019-12-02 US (NH): Greenhouse devastated by fire back in full swing for holidays
- 2019-11-29 Poinsettia project helmed by Iowa State students blooming
- 2019-11-28 NL: bloody pretty stems at Kwekerij Wijfjes
- 2019-11-27 US (CA): Mellano, Castellano families named ‘2019 Flower Farm Champions’
- 2019-11-27 US (GA): Poinsettias brighten the season at Pike Nurseries
- 2019-11-27 UK: Planting seeds for the future
- 2019-11-27 The largest orchid farm in East and Central Africa