- Commercial Manager Spain
- Crop Farm Manager Sharjah
- Commercial Manager Soft Fruits
- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
- Experienced International Trade Specialist
Top 5 -yesterday
- "Australian native flowers provide a true seasonality and florists love this variety, variability in supply”
- "Stunning genetics under the tropical sun in Singapore"
- Greenhouse plastic boom blights Vietnam’s vegetable and flower basket
- Designed glasshouse unfolds like a flower in just four minutes
- Plantipp and Concept Plants scoop prizes
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Olga Lundager, Lundager:
Europe: Green plants hot items for Mother's Day
Out of crisis
According to Olga Lundager, the owner of LUNDAGER, the popularity of green plants in general combined with the fact that many European countries are out of the crisis contributes to a higher demand for their products. "Compared to last year, the demand for our plants and Mother's Day concepts is about 20% higher. The countries we export to seem to be out of the crisis. Consumers are positive and are buying again."
On the left: Green plants in heart-shaped magnet pots. On the right: Succulents in heart shaped pots.
Mother's Day products
Green plants seem to be hot items this Mother's Day. "We sell a lot of green plants for compositions and our new Mother's Day concepts - green plants or succulents in heart-shaped magnet pots - are doing well too." These pots are, next to their production of about 450 finished plants an important part of their business. They produce about 200 designs of ceramic pots and magnetic pots. "Every year, we try to come up with new designs that meet the taste of the different markets we serve."
Olga Lundager holding the new anthuriums at the IPM Essen 2017, in Germany.
On top of that, they are also active in developing new plant varieties. In cooperation with several breeders, they developed a new mini Anthurium and introduced it in 2016. "In Europe, we now have the exclusive rights to produce this plant in pot sizes 6 and 7 cm," says Lundager. Later that year, they added four new colors in pot size of 6 cm and these seem to be well in demand for Mother's Day too.
Mother's Day celebrations spread out
LUNDAGER starts shipping out their products about two weeks in advance of the holiday. So, at the moment, they are busy shipping out the products for Mother's Day in Denmark and Germany, that will be celebrated on May 14. Then, right after, we will start shipping to Sweden and France, where they will celebrate Mother's Day on Sunday May 28. "It is quite convenient for us to have these holidays a bit spread out. In this way, we are able to take more orders and have a sufficient supply."
For more information
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-06-29 Teen farmer selected as USDA greenhouse grant winner
- 2022-06-24 US: "Demand in 2022 has been more regional, more weather dependent than in 2020 and 2021"
- 2022-06-23 Local experts on the art of flower farming
- 2022-06-21 Group of managers participating in Mastercourse in the Netherlands
- 2022-06-16 Henda Flowers starts construction of new greenhouse
- 2022-06-08 New businesses promote arts, crafts, photography, and flowers
- 2022-06-07 Kenya celebrates its flower growing industry at IFTEX
- 2022-06-02 This man covered his 3-storey house In Uttar Pradesh with 10,000 plants
- 2022-06-01 Cebu farm showcases collection of rare flowering plants and ornamentals
- 2022-05-31 Hong Kong: Edible flowers sold for 50% less than imported ones
- 2022-05-26 Mariusz has a good fit with employer Blueberries Grathem
- 2022-05-26 Designing bouquets for weddings forever an honor
- 2022-05-23 Chinese rose grower finishes steel guttered greenhouse expansion
- 2022-05-20 US: Farming in the heartland at Hilltop Greenhouse
- 2022-05-20 "It's good to keep challenging yourself alongside your current job"
- 2022-05-19 Dutch propagator grows vegetables and flowers under the same (glass)roof
- 2022-05-12 "Ten years later, the concept is more relevant than ever"
- 2022-05-11 Alberta Greenhouse Drive map: a map with nearly 200 family-owned greenhouses
- 2022-05-05 Grandiflora and Royal Brinkman celebrate 40 year partnership in Australia
- 2022-05-05 "I have really found my passion in flowers."