- Candidates for Vice-President Operations - Ottawa (Ontario) Canada
- European Export Sales Manager (Asia Market)
- Autonomous Greenhouse Manager
- Sales & Product representative Pot & Garden USA
- Supervisor International Horticultural Projects (USA)
- Director Of Growing - Carleton (MI) USA
- Greenhouse Manager - Cleburne (TX) USA
- Growing Manager young vegetable plants
- Sales Agents / Representatives - Germany
- Lead Grower California USA
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Ecuadorian rose grower loses stems due to dramatic climatic event
- Kenya: Naivasha Horticultural Fair 2020 receives the official go-ahead
- US (OH): Green Circle Growers expands with 6 acres of greenhouse space
- Smurfit Kappa introduces new sustainable packaging solution for the transport of Colombian roses
- Dümmen Orange consolidates mum URC production in the US, intensifies collaboration with Danish nursery
Airlines carrying Kenyan flower exports forced to divert
Several airlines were warned that their ability to fly directly from Nairobi to the Dutch capital would be restricted after what one source suggested may have been lobbying from local airlines.
Etihad has seen five flights a week, four to Amsterdam and one to Stansted, impacted since June 29, forced to re-route flights via Abu Dhabi, which would have made the route less economically sustainable and the longer journey not good for the perishable products.
However, on Friday, Etihad confirmed to The Loadstar that it had received a permit to start flying again.
“We [have been] working with the Kenyan authorities to resolve some anomalies in the routine application for our traffic rights into Europe, [and protected] our customers by operating through Abu Dhabi during this process,” said a spokesperson.
Read more at The Loadstar (Alex Lennane)
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2020-10-26 Emirates SkyCargo restarts cargo flights to Tokyo Haneda
- 2020-10-16 Etihad Cargo launches direct flight between Nairobi and Amsterdam
- 2020-10-07 Kirsten de Bruijn joins Qatar Airways Cargo
- 2020-10-06 "Optimal sealing during the distribution process saves a lot of energy"
- 2020-10-06 Sizable benefits of shipping by ocean freight
- 2020-10-02 Insufficient capacity dampens air cargo in August
- 2020-10-02 "Image Auctioning a success and better end times each day"
- 2020-10-02 US: California rose grower unveils the real cost of shipping flowers
- 2020-10-02 US: Armellini Express selects ORBCOMM’s In-Cab solution to boost fleet efficiency and driver performance
- 2020-10-01 Maersk to ship cargo between UAE and Israel
- 2020-09-30 Ecuador: Quito Airport records recovery in cargo exports
- 2020-09-29 SkyTeam Cargo celebrates 20th anniversary
- 2020-09-25 “We continued shipping the little orders coming through to secure future markets for Kenya”
- 2020-09-23 Verdant Technologies brings fresh innovation to produce and floral life-extension
- 2020-09-22 The future of deliveries?
- 2020-09-21 "The future starts in Eelde"
- 2020-09-18 India: SpiceJet launches 14 dedicated cargo flights connecting northeastern states
- 2020-09-17 Two international flights return to Colombia on September 19
- 2020-09-16 Air France KLM Martinair Cargo named “Cargo Airline of the Year 2020”
- 2020-09-15 Colombia reopens. Will air travel demand materialise?