- Greenhouse Lighting Specialist - Athens or Atlanta (GA), USA
- Head of Sales
- Sales/Business development Manager - Floriculture - Kunming, China
- Sales Manager and Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Grower Support Manager (Blueberries) - Harare, Zimbabwe
- Finance Director - Ukraine
- Breeder (MSc) - Hann. Münden, Germany
- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
South Africa: No blossoms for flower business
Yet, Dube TradePort Special Economic Zone CEO, Hamish Erskine said the TradePort has certainly played a role in growing KwaZulu-Natal’s perishable export market, which includes fresh flowers.
“Key to this growth has been the state-of-the-art logistics infrastructure, which includes the variable temperature trucking and handling facilities that are available to local growers, the packhouse and distribution centre that can handle the packing and sorting of perishables, along with a cargo terminal that houses all the regulatory authorities in a single facility in order to minimize processing times of highly perishable produce like fresh flowers,” said Erskine
“All this culminates to form a highly efficient supply chain, which is essential for the local fresh flower grower’s bottom line, as it helps them to become more competitive as they export their fresh flowers into regional and international markets.
Despite the impressive setup, Dube TradePort freight forwarding agent Morgan Cargo’s director for KZN, Cecil Leigh said most of the flower exports come from Cape Town or Johannesburg. “We only see about 300 kilograms of flowers sent twice a week from Durban to the Seychelles,” said Leigh.
Click here to read the complete article at northcoastcourier.co.za
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-12-18 Assessing training needs for Ontario’s flower growing industry
- 2018-12-18 Congress passes Farm Bill
- 2018-12-17 Floriculture products earned Sri Lanka over $16 million in 2017
- 2018-12-17 "Low supply of Red Naomi from Holland"
- 2018-12-17 Nigeria earned $35m from hibiscus flower exports last year
- 2018-12-14 Cyclone Gaja tests resilience of coco industry
- 2018-12-14 Australia: Flower thieves target Queensland properties
- 2018-12-14 Kenya: Shilling to come under pressure as the year ends
- 2018-12-14 Thailand promotes online sale of orchids to China via Alibaba
- 2018-12-14 "Brexit could wilt huge Dutch flower trade"
- 2018-12-13 US: EPA and Army propose new "Waters of the United States" definition
- 2018-12-13 US (NB): "Low wholesale prices for poinsettias"
- 2018-12-13 Malaysia: Council seeks land for growing chrysanthemums
- 2018-12-13 Bangladesh flower exports yet to gain traction
- 2018-12-12 USDA surveys commercial floriculture industry
- 2018-12-12 Australia: Have your say to help improve ABS collection methods
- 2018-12-11 CAN (ON): Greenhouse developments around Kingsville raising resident concerns
- 2018-12-11 The Baby Plant and MilShake projects
- 2018-12-10 Bangladesh: Government support needed to boost flower industry
- 2018-12-10 Market scan: Japan's modern greenhouse industry