- Greenhouse Lighting Specialist - Athens or Atlanta (GA), USA
- Head of Sales
- Sales/Business development Manager - Floriculture - Kunming, China
- Sales Manager and Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Grower Support Manager (Blueberries) - Harare, Zimbabwe
- Finance Director - Ukraine
- Breeder (MSc) - Hann. Münden, Germany
- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
February 20-22, Gorinchem
NL: International growers’ HortiContact Tour announces 2018 programme
The programme for the HortiContact Tour has been rounded off, and will include both a Practice Day and a Seminar & Trade Fair Day. On the first day of the HortiContact Tour (20 February 2018), participants will visit several growers and research locations. The excursion will depart at 8:15, from Rotterdam. The first stop is at 9:00 at tomato grower Lans in Maasdijk. The trip will then continue to the most important centre of innovation of the international glasshouse horticultural industry, World Horti Centre in Honselersdijk.
After lunch, the trip will lead to two practice visits in De Lier, for pot plant grower SV.CO and rose grower Fransen Roses. Both companies will show visitors the latest developments in their markets. The first day ends at 17:00, with departure for Rotterdam.
Seminar & Trade Fair Days
Day 2 centres around Gorinchem, 35 kilometres east of Rotterdam. At HortiContact’s trade fair venue, researchers of Wageningen University & research will host various lectures. Leo Marcelis (horticulture and product physiology professor) on light and LED illumination, Gerben Messelink (researcher) on integrated pest management, Anne Elings (scientific crop physiology) on developing medium technology into high-tech greenhouse production, and Frank Kempkes (researcher) on climate and energy savings. The morning programme concludes with a group lunch.
After lunch, participants are free to visit the HortiContact trade fair. With an average of over 500 participants, it is the largest and most-valued meeting opportunity for Dutch glasshouse horticulture.
The HortiContact Tour is a cooperation between the HortiContact trade fair organisation (held from Tuesday 20 to Thursday 22 February 2018 at Evenementenhal Gorinchem), Uniglobe Westland Business Travel, and In Greenhouses magazine. Due to support by several sponsors, participation in the HortiContact Tour is free of charge. Growers from abroad are required to arrange their own travel to the Netherlands and hotel bookings individually. The organisation has arranged a hotel offer and transfers to and from the airport, for which interested growers can apply.
More information / Subscription
Do you know growers in your international business network for whom this tour may be interesting? For more information, refer them to www.horticontacttour.nl.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-12-18 "Tropical Nouveau theme emerges as next trend in floral design"
- 2018-12-18 World Floral Expo 2019 to be held in Texas
- 2018-12-18 Grown in Kunming, sold in Guangzhou
- 2018-12-18 Industry professionals and investors meet at Greenhouse Complexes Russia forum
- 2018-12-17 How to finance innovation
- 2018-12-17 Flowers galore at Bangladesh flower expo
- 2018-12-13 Flower Expo China 2019: A glance at horticulture products exhibitors
- 2018-12-12 France: First highlights revealed for International Floralies
- 2018-12-12 India: 200,000 stems of flowers for fairytale wedding
- 2018-12-12 International interest for HortiContact Tour 2019
- 2018-12-12 PanAmerican Seed promises huge color impact at IPM Essen
- 2018-12-11 IPM Essen: 17 countries present innovations in international joint booths
- 2018-12-10 US (OR): Farwest accepting booth applications
- 2018-12-07 US (CA): Tournament of Roses announces Opening Spectacular, float participants
- 2018-12-07 "Play your part in the 2019 garden industry story"
- 2018-12-07 US (MD): Schedule announced for 63rd Annual SNA Research Conference
- 2018-12-06 CAN (ON): Talking healthy roots with horticulture students
- 2018-12-05 Bangladesh hosts international flower expo
- 2018-12-05 US: Flower growers invited to join annual Washington, D.C. fly-in
- 2018-12-04 Garden Trials: Innovations in woody plants and perennials