- Grower Support Manager (Blueberries) - Harare, Zimbabwe
- Finance Director - Ukraine
- Sales Manager and Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Breeder (MSc) - Hann. Münden, Germany
- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
- Сhief technologist, Tula region - Russia
- Сhief technology officer, Tula region - Russia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Bremkens Orchids blooms after internal changes
Christian Bremkens, co-owner of the company.
Bremkens Orchids is a real family company and Christian, Peter and their father Matthias Bremkens are managing the company that was founded by Christian's and Peter's grandfather in 1955. New varieties are being bred in their greenhouse in Geldern-Walbeck and propagated in the lab of Hark Orchideen, one of the largest phalaenopsis labs in the world. For many years, the marketing and sales of Bremkens Orchids varieties was done by Sion, until 1.5 years ago. After the split-up some changes were necessary. "We had to set up a sales team and work on our visibility and branding. It was quite a challenging task and still we are continuously looking for possible improvements", explains Bremkens.
At the same time, they decided to upgrade their greenhouses. A new sorting line enabled them to supply their growers with a tray with more uniform phalaenopsis young plants (click here to read more about this new sorting line at Bremkens) and a new cultivation system to increase the production volume. "When considering an increase in production volume, it is quite tempting to go for an expansion of greenhouse surface, but we did not. We decided to renovate our cultivation system so that we can grow 20 percent more plants on the same surface."
FloralDaily had the opportunity to take a peek in their greenhouse, where Christian Bremkens explained the process from transplanting to shipping out the young plants.
The tissue culture plants come from Hark Orchideen and are stored on trolleys.
Then, the cuttings are transplanted into a plug.
All cuttings are transplanted into a plug manually.
The cuttings are placed on a movable bench, that will transport them into the greenhouse where they can develop their roots.
The cuttings leave the transplanting area to the greenhouse.
The young plants in the greenhouse.
The young plant in a later stage, when they developed their roots.
When they are mature enough, the young plants are put on the new sorting line of Flier, where they are sorted in five different sizes. (Click here to read more about this new sorting line at Bremkens)
The young plants are ready to leave the greenhouse to growers all over the world.
The young plants leaving the greenhouse are transported in their own Bremkens Orchids trucks.
For more information
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-12-03 Van Belle sends out Christmas message with own song
- 2018-12-03 "We're committed to helping US plant propagation keep itself afloat"
- 2018-09-14 Video: interview with Peter Benders, Xclusive director
- 2018-09-05 Germany: Kientzler shows off new autumn assortment at open house
- 2018-08-10 Artistic video features cutting production Floritec Uganda
- 2018-08-06 New method to speed up propagation of tulip bulbs
- 2018-07-17 US (FL): Emerald Coast Growers releases 2018-19 Resource Guide
- 2018-07-13 "Universal paper provides fragile roots excellent protection"
- 2018-07-02 British Agapanthus spreading roots in Europe
- 2018-06-27 No more liner production thanks to rooted strip
- 2018-06-11 Selecta One expands Dahlia assortment by complete Dalina series
- 2018-06-07 Ellepot partners with Pindstrup in Russia
- 2018-05-28 US: Fall mum propagation reminders
- 2018-04-23 Ecuador: Commercial and future rose varieties on display at Plantec
- 2018-03-26 Puerto Rico: Vista Farms comes back strong after devastating hurricane
- 2018-03-23 Gediflora installs mist system
- 2018-03-21 UK: Extend the summer with Early Ornamentals' Super Bloomers
- 2018-03-05 Dalina divests osteospermum and dahlia business to Pan American Seed
- 2018-02-21 NL: Van Egmond Lisianthus expands growing facilities
- 2018-02-01 "When Dutch cutting production is at its weakest, we are at our strongest"