- Finance Director - Ukraine
- Sales Manager and Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Breeder (MSc) - Hann. Münden, Germany
- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
- Сhief technologist, Tula region - Russia
- Сhief technology officer, Tula region - Russia
- Controller Technician / Electrician - Horticulture, Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Kenya: Scientists call for adoption of GM crops to fight emerging pests
The scientists at a forum in Nairobi noted that fall armyworms, which have ravaged maize in Kenya this season in the breadbasket and continue in other areas, could have been easily defeated by genetically modified (GM) seeds.
Kenya announced invasion of fall armyworms in March and discouraged citizens from moving plant materials from one region to another.
Kenya mid this year introduced a variety of genetically modified cut flower following the application of rights to release it by a private company.
The GM-Gypsophila flower has been improved through modern techniques by adding a few genetic elements responsible for new range of colours from dark purple and red to light pink coloration in flowers from a model plant called Arapidopsis. It is already for sale in the market.
Read more at Coastweek
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-12-12 Colombia: New BallSB R&D facility opens its doors
- 2018-12-07 "I give people as much knowledge as possible"
- 2018-12-06 Brandkamp presents 2019 Chrysanthemum catalog
- 2018-12-03 Cut hydrangea for tropical growing
- 2018-12-03 New Zealand: Esplanade rose trials yield winning new blooms
- 2018-12-03 Nostalgic rose types for heated greenhouses
- 2018-11-30 How removing a trait can add value to a plant
- 2018-11-29 In praise of plant breeders
- 2018-11-29 Succulents on a stick
- 2018-11-28 "Breeding a good fragrant pot-rose is a whole new ball game"
- 2018-11-27 Agriom selects promising hibiscus varieties for South Europe
- 2018-11-27 Awards boost sales of Hydrangea Runaway Bride
- 2018-11-22 "Internode cuttings are more suited for the modern grower"
- 2018-11-21 "Sales Summer Breeze strawberry exceeded our expectations"
- 2018-11-21 Morel's seed production certified MPS
- 2018-11-21 "The story of a rose the public does not recognise as a rose"
- 2018-11-20 "Newest DNA technologies are going to bring major changes in floriculture"
- 2018-11-19 UK: Chrysanthemum breeder wins cup in memory of son
- 2018-11-19 Video: Recent developments in orchid breeding
- 2018-11-16 Spain: Plants with greater resistance to drought and no impact on growth