- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
- Сhief technologist, Tula region - Russia
- Сhief technology officer, Tula region - Russia
- Controller Technician / Electrician - Horticulture, Australia
- International Editor – Netherlands
- Farming Manager – Atherton Tablelands, Australia
- Sales Coordinator Europe Division
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Sphagnum peat moss influence on physical properties of growing media
The sphagnum cells are thin-walled cells with large cavities and their function is to absorb and transport water. An important characteristic of the sphagnum cells is that they have lignified walls in the form of rings, spirals or plates. These prevent the cells from collapsing when they dry out. By keeping peat suitably wet, optimum conditions of moisture and aeration can be maintained.
The functions of a growing medium are: a water reservoir for plant uptake, a nutrient holding/exchange system, a place for gaseous exchange for root systems and an anchor point for a plant's roots.
Read more at PRO-MIX (Lance Lawson)
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-12-06 URALCHEM expands its presence in Africa
- 2018-11-27 Kenya: "Crisis looms in flower farms as fertilizer shortage bites"
- 2018-11-22 "Much wood fibre in a small space"
- 2018-11-20 Kenya: Small fertiliser factory takes on the big boys
- 2018-11-06 Chrysal introduces sustainable flower food sachets
- 2018-10-23 Kenya: Fertilizer prices up on port delays
- 2018-10-22 TerraVesco Vermicompost now available in Canada
- 2018-10-22 Kenya: Exports likely to dip due to fertilizer shortage
- 2018-10-12 "Economic benefits with CO2 foliar spray integrated into irrigation booms"
- 2018-10-10 US: MycoApply Ultrafine Endo now available in 1 lb. bags
- 2018-10-04 Irish fertilizer company enjoys rapid expansion in the UK
- 2018-09-27 Bomenbank launches Lifechar – the next generation of Amsterdam tree soil
- 2018-09-14 Kenya: Oserian Flowers raises alarm over biting fertilizer shortage
- 2018-09-14 Kenya: Speed up fertiliser checks, orders State
- 2018-09-12 Kenya: Fertilizer shortage blamed on 'scam'
- 2018-08-24 "Keep a few plants away from your fertilizer trial"
- 2018-08-10 e-GRO launches Nutritional Monitoring of Floriculture Crops book
- 2018-08-10 Monitoring pH & EC of greenhouse crops
- 2018-08-07 Video: Osmocote longevity - Controlled release fertilizer
- 2018-07-19 Root enhancer activates roots without hormones