- Finance Director - Ukraine
- Sales Manager and Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Breeder (MSc) - Hann. Münden, Germany
- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
- Сhief technologist, Tula region - Russia
- Сhief technology officer, Tula region - Russia
- Controller Technician / Electrician - Horticulture, Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
UAE: Floral marketplace Floranow closes first funding round
Fulfilling the floral industry’s need for new business models and efficiencies in the supply chain, Floranow was launched in 2016, connecting international growers to flower retailers, event planners, and hotels across the UAE. Flowers are cut to order, delivered in an uninterrupted cool-chain, and delivered in water to every doorstep, which increases the vase life in the market at competitive prices.
Floranow has created a direct link between the farmers and the retailers, thereby providing more varieties from farmers across the world.
Floranow’s platform features thousands of floral varieties from select growers in the Netherlands, Kenya, and Thailand. Customers can make their selection online and see an all-in price which includes shipping, handling, custom duties, and last mile delivery. The products chosen arrive at the shown price – and customers receive their order through careful packaging, optimum temperature control and transportation in water.
“Our ultimate goal is to be unavoidable. The flower trade market in the GCC is USD 300 million and growing. Whether you are a grower who wants a piece of the pie or a retailer who wants to get the widest assortment, superior quality and best prices, Floranow is where you’ll want to be,” said Charif Mzayek, founder of Floranow in a press release.
Floranow’s plans include expanding to Kuwait then the rest of the GCC and Jordan. In addition, more growers are joining the platform in 2018 from Italy, Columbia, and Sri Lanka.
For more information:
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-12-12 ForemostCo donates percentage of December sales to Voices for Children Foundation
- 2018-12-12 KenGen investors raise concerns over Kenya Power debt
- 2018-12-12 Turkish producer of sticky traps becomes part of Biobest Group
- 2018-12-11 NL: Van Amelsvoort Kassenbouw celebrates its 60th anniversary
- 2018-12-11 UK: New Director of Estates and Projects at Royal Parks
- 2018-12-10 "Better roots for Hydrangeas with container mulch"
- 2018-12-07 "'Thank you' is the best prayer one can recite"
- 2018-12-07 Video: New developments in indoor growing
- 2018-12-06 Bosman Van Zaal on the move
- 2018-12-06 Sri Lanka: Mike Biotech Asia wins National Business Excellence Awards 2018
- 2018-12-06 Alan “Buddy” Jacobson: 1931 –2018
- 2018-12-06 Mid-Florida Research and Education Center commemorates 50th anniversary
- 2018-12-04 Two new faces at MNP Flowers
- 2018-12-03 NL: Van Nifterik Holland takes over Bambooexporter’s activities
- 2018-12-03 Australian company expands into the UK gardening market
- 2018-12-03 Beekenkamp Plants Ornamentals welcomes new EMEA sales manager
- 2018-11-30 Acoustic panels in meeting unit thanks to greenhouse horticulture waste streams
- 2018-11-30 Florius to start flower farm in Colombia
- 2018-11-30 Bayer to cut 12,000 jobs
- 2018-11-28 Van den Bos Flowerbulbs and Beekenkamp Verpakkingen to push back plastic waste