- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
- Сhief technologist, Tula region - Russia
- Сhief technology officer, Tula region - Russia
- Controller Technician / Electrician - Horticulture, Australia
- International Editor – Netherlands
- Farming Manager – Atherton Tablelands, Australia
- Sales Coordinator Europe Division
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
US (IA): Plantpeddler presents poinsettia variety day results
Genetics represented were submitted by Beekenkamp, Dummen Orange ‐ Ecke and Red Fox, Rinehart Poinsettias, Selecta, Suntory, Syngenta, and Vivero. Plantpeddler is licensed by all the represented breeders and prides itself on being a one‐stop shop for premier Poinsettia liners. “We have a real commitment to trialing as part of our leadership position in Poinsettias, and this represents the leading northern USA trial,” said Mike as to why Plantpeddler conducts their Poinsettia trial.
The trial was in peak condition for the evaluation, but did face weather challenges during production including extremely warm temperatures from mid‐September through initiation, followed by 22 of 25 days with no sun during bract development in late October to mid‐November. As a true production trial, the tested varieties were grown within a block of benchmark commercial varieties with the same treatments and environmental conditions.
Trial attendees voted using a three flag system for “Best Red Variety” and “Best Non Red Variety” with a 3, 2, 1 point scoring. The results are as follows:
Mark your calendars now for next year’s Plantpeddler Poinsettia Variety Day trial event on Thursday, December 6, 2018.
For more information:
530 Second Avenue SW
Cresco, IA 52136
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-12-07 "I give people as much knowledge as possible"
- 2018-12-06 Brandkamp presents 2019 Chrysanthemum catalog
- 2018-12-03 Cut hydrangea for tropical growing
- 2018-12-03 New Zealand: Esplanade rose trials yield winning new blooms
- 2018-12-03 Nostalgic rose types for heated greenhouses
- 2018-11-30 How removing a trait can add value to a plant
- 2018-11-29 In praise of plant breeders
- 2018-11-29 Succulents on a stick
- 2018-11-28 "Breeding a good fragrant pot-rose is a whole new ball game"
- 2018-11-27 Agriom selects promising hibiscus varieties for South Europe
- 2018-11-27 Awards boost sales of Hydrangea Runaway Bride
- 2018-11-22 "Internode cuttings are more suited for the modern grower"
- 2018-11-21 "Sales Summer Breeze strawberry exceeded our expectations"
- 2018-11-21 Morel's seed production certified MPS
- 2018-11-21 "The story of a rose the public does not recognise as a rose"
- 2018-11-20 "Newest DNA technologies are going to bring major changes in floriculture"
- 2018-11-19 UK: Chrysanthemum breeder wins cup in memory of son
- 2018-11-19 Video: Recent developments in orchid breeding
- 2018-11-16 Spain: Plants with greater resistance to drought and no impact on growth
- 2018-11-16 "This is a big step for us"