- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
- Сhief technologist, Tula region - Russia
- Сhief technology officer, Tula region - Russia
- Controller Technician / Electrician - Horticulture, Australia
- International Editor – Netherlands
- Farming Manager – Atherton Tablelands, Australia
- Sales Coordinator Europe Division
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
on display at Nir Nursery at IPM Essen, January 23-26:
Jupiter: New voluminous and terminal flowering wax flower
Volume of flowers
"Jupiter" is a new line of wax flowers bred by Nir Nursery and is characterized by the combination of having volume and terminal flowers. According to breeder Nir, the flowering manifestation of this new variety is unique and does not occur in other wax flower varieties. "A regular wax flower is side flowering which creates a lot of volume or is terminal flowering without volume. "Jupiter", however, flowers terminally and has a lot of volume. And as it is terminal flowering, the flowers do not exceed the stems. This allows for a single "Jupiter" branch to give the visual flower volume of about 10 branches of "regular" wax flower varieties."
"Jupiter" in the garden and as pot plant.
According to Nir, wax flowers are in high demand and are mostly used for flower arrangements and bouquets. He sees a good demand for this variety because of the volume on top. "Unlike regular wax flower, it has volume on top that allows one stem per arrangement or bouquet and it does not have any grow through." Next to being sold as a cut flower, "Jupiter" is also suitable for pot plants and gardening.
More colors to come
Currently, a purple colored "Jupiter" variety is available to growers who can sell them from September to April. Next year, two other varieties will join the series; an early pink and a late whitish-pink variety.
Foliage Wax and Rey.
More on display
However, at their booth (hall 2, 2D43) at the IPM Essen they will promote more than their "Jupiter" variety. "Rey" and Foliage Wax, for example will be on display too. "Rey", a completely new inter-generic cross with its wonderful fuchsia pink flowers. These varieties were also presented in the novelties show of IPM 2016 and this year will finally be marketed commercially in a substantial volume. "Foliage Wax" is a series of wax flower that is characterized by strong and vivid color of the branch itself."
For more information
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-03-02 Mysterious opening of third Tulip Trade Event
- 2018-02-28 Birmingham exhibition Packaging Innovations started today
- 2018-02-27 Ethiopia: HortiFlora Expo 2018 cancelled
- 2018-02-26 Winner drone raffle IPM Essen Van Krimpen announced
- 2018-02-23 US (IL): Global flower market comes to World Floral Expo
- 2018-02-22 US (IL): Presentations on trends and marketing at WFE
- 2018-02-21 Netherlands: Inspiration Zone at the IFTF 2018
- 2018-02-20 Floradecora 2018: the right flowers and plants for all styles
- 2018-02-19 HortiContact about to kick off in the Netherlands
- 2018-02-16 Myplant & Garden: fourth edition in less than a week
- 2018-02-15 Technology and unique packaging mean longer shelf-life
- 2018-02-14 US (CA): WaterPulse to exhibit at 2018 Spring Trials
- 2018-02-13 IPM Dubai and WOP Dubai attract thousands of visitors
- 2018-02-12 19th China International Fertilizer Show coming up
- 2018-02-09 South African delegation visits HortiContact
- 2018-02-08 "HortiFlora Expo Ethiopia much more diversified this year"
- 2018-02-07 AstanaFloraExpo: Your gateway to Kazakhstan
- 2018-02-06 New helleborus in ‘Joie de vivre’ series
- 2018-02-05 Chrysal reveals new innovations at IPM Essen
- 2018-02-02 Turkish Exporters at IPM Essen 2018