- Finance Director - Ukraine
- Sales Manager and Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Breeder (MSc) - Hann. Münden, Germany
- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
- Сhief technologist, Tula region - Russia
- Сhief technology officer, Tula region - Russia
- Controller Technician / Electrician - Horticulture, Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
March 14-16, 2018 in Addis Ababa
Ethiopian horticulture & floriculture industry prepares for HortiFlora 2018
The Ethiopian horticulture & floriculture industry has developed over the past 15 years into a full-grown player, and put itself on the world map as one of the leading exporters of cut flowers.
Ethiopia has got a competitive and comparative advantage for the production and export of horticulture product due to, among others, suitable agro-ecological zones, proximity to EU, USA, Middle East and Asia, trainable workforce with reasonable wage. Eyeing the huge potential of the sector, the government of Ethiopia availed 6000 ha of land for horticulture in Alage, Arbaminch, Awassa and Bahirdar.
The sector has shown exponential growth, generating foreign currency from the export which puts it on the 4th level from the coffee export and created huge job opportunities for the society. In order to accelerate the export capacity new developments have been seen within the past two years. The newly built cargo terminal-II by Ethiopian Airlines covering a total area of 150,000 m2 gives a total tonnage capacity of around 1m per annum together with terminal-I. It also includes a dry cargo terminal warehouse, a perishable cargo terminal with cool chain storage, making it the largest in the continent of Africa.
HortiFlora 2018 Expo is believed to be an instrument to attract new investors to Ethiopia and Promote members’ product to the world. To date, over 120 local and international producers, input suppliers, consultants, buyers and other pertinent stakeholders registered and secured space to get together.
The three day expo will be held with a focus on B2B meetings, side activities of workshops with the main actor of the sector & visit to the farms.
For more information:
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-12-12 France: First highlights revealed for International Floralies
- 2018-12-12 India: 200,000 stems of flowers for fairytale wedding
- 2018-12-12 International interest for HortiContact Tour 2019
- 2018-12-12 PanAmerican Seed promises huge color impact at IPM Essen
- 2018-12-11 IPM Essen: 17 countries present innovations in international joint booths
- 2018-12-10 US (OR): Farwest accepting booth applications
- 2018-12-07 US (CA): Tournament of Roses announces Opening Spectacular, float participants
- 2018-12-07 "Play your part in the 2019 garden industry story"
- 2018-12-07 US (MD): Schedule announced for 63rd Annual SNA Research Conference
- 2018-12-06 CAN (ON): Talking healthy roots with horticulture students
- 2018-12-05 Bangladesh hosts international flower expo
- 2018-12-05 US: Flower growers invited to join annual Washington, D.C. fly-in
- 2018-12-04 Garden Trials: Innovations in woody plants and perennials
- 2018-12-03 Hortiflorexpo IPM Shanghai expands to 50,000 m2 in 2019
- 2018-11-30 Perennial Lifeline Garden celebrates 180 years of helping people in horticulture
- 2018-11-30 Last chance to register for MSU Extension Online Greenhouse Courses
- 2018-11-29 IPM Essen focuses on young, urban target groups
- 2018-11-29 Theme Plantarium 2019: “Green Fits All”
- 2018-11-28 UK: Nursery Supply Show finds new home at Stoneleigh Park
- 2018-11-28 UK: Hardy nursery stock research and development update