- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
- Сhief technologist, Tula region - Russia
- Сhief technology officer, Tula region - Russia
- Controller Technician / Electrician - Horticulture, Australia
- International Editor – Netherlands
- Farming Manager – Atherton Tablelands, Australia
- Sales Coordinator Europe Division
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
East Africa anticipates benefits from Kenya-US direct flights
Officials from governments in East Africa and aviation companies operating in the region have welcomed the development, saying it will enhance trade, tourism and customer satisfaction.
The US Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) has granted Nairobi the top status after carrying out a series of assessment audits in the country.
Direct flights to the US will significantly reduce the time taken to move cargo between the US and East Africa — from seven days to as little as a day.
“If the US allows Kenya’s bid to have direct flights then we will save up to 20 per cent on our cargo operation cost,” Astral Aviation chief executive officer Sunjeev Gadhia said.
“Flower and other horticultural produce are perishable commodities and having to go all the way to Europe then USA, reduces their quality by the time it gets to its final destination,” Jared Oswago, the divisional manager at Siginon Aviation said.
Read more at Africanews (Daniel Mumbere)
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-12-07 "Constructive talks with customers about peak days in 2019"
- 2018-12-07 Kuehne + Nagel wins Supply Chain Finance Award
- 2018-12-07 Rotterdam and the Brexit effect
- 2018-12-05 Emirates SkyCargo celebrates five years of uplifting roses from Ecuador
- 2018-12-05 Kuehne + Nagel introduces myKN
- 2018-12-05 Give your truck wings and improve the aerodynamics
- 2018-12-04 Panalpina targets growth in Kenya – expanding cold storage at Nairobi Airport
- 2018-12-03 Kenya: "Data gaps big hurdle in fresh produce exports"
- 2018-11-30 Perishables Logistics Africa 2018 calls for collaborative approach to improve Africa’s perishable exports
- 2018-11-29 “Over- or underselling is a thing of the past”
- 2018-11-29 More sustainable and smart transport between the Netherlands and North Rhine-Westphalia
- 2018-11-28 "Real-time tracking and tracing saves greenhouse suppliers money"
- 2018-11-27 “Sea transport can match air transport thanks to vacuum cooling”
- 2018-11-15 All Saints Day: a freight forwarder perspective
- 2018-11-13 "Saving money and avoiding headache by using sea-freight"
- 2018-11-09 Cargolite demontrates workings new packaging concept
- 2018-10-31 Emirates SkyCargo inks agreement to support Vietnam trade
- 2018-10-30 Kenyan government wants U.S. direct flights to make life better for farmers
- 2018-10-29 "Profit-focused Kenya Airways can be the Pride of Africa"
- 2018-10-29 Kenya: President Kenyatta flags off inaugural direct flight to the US