- Grower Support Manager (Blueberries) - Harare, Zimbabwe
- Finance Director - Ukraine
- Sales Manager and Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Breeder (MSc) - Hann. Münden, Germany
- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
- Сhief technologist, Tula region - Russia
- Сhief technology officer, Tula region - Russia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Lufthansa Cargo invests into US-based tech startup
The strong collaboration between Lufthansa Cargo and Fleet (www.tryfleet.com) will connect extensive airfreight experience with a technology-driven, fresh view on global logistics processes. Fleet was founded in 2014 and acts as an online marketplace, matching customers’ demand for freight services with free capacity provided by logistics companies. Fleet is growing fast and addresses customers’ inherent desire for convenience in – traditionally – complex cross-border freight shipping processes.
“Fleet is a perfect match for us as the company combines innovative and visionary thinking with a strong intrinsic motivation to improve air cargo booking and shipping efficiency and, finally, our customers’ overall experience”, says Peter Gerber, CEO of Lufthansa Cargo. “We expect substantial learnings with regard to our product and service portfolio. Thus, we are sure that Lufthansa Cargo and Fleet will mutually benefit from sharing concepts and ideas.” At the same time, Fleet will expand its Board of Directors with the new seat being held by Lufthansa Cargo’s CCO Dr Alexis von Hoensbroech.
Recently, a large number of startups pushed into the logistics industry upgrading connectivity between various players of global air cargo supply chains. Consequently, also traditional logistics companies have become aware of the opportunities they can realize by investing into new digital business models.
By acquiring shares in Fleet, Lufthansa Cargo underlines its strategic commitment in lifting the airfreight industry to a superior digital maturity level. The acquisition is part of the Lufthansa Group’s overall digitization strategy and was strongly supported by the Lufthansa Innovation Hub in Berlin.
For more information:
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-12-13 DSV Indonesia opens new office in Medan, Sumatra
- 2018-12-13 Ethiopian Airlines exporting flowers from Kenya
- 2018-12-13 US: The impact of the ELD mandate on truckload shipping
- 2018-12-13 Early winter storm challenges trucking in Southeastern U.S.
- 2018-12-11 Kenya: Government to invest more in aviation infrastructure
- 2018-12-10 Frankfurt Airport expands cargo hub
- 2018-12-10 "Air cargo in Africa undergoing sea change"
- 2018-12-07 "Constructive talks with customers about peak days in 2019"
- 2018-12-07 Kuehne + Nagel wins Supply Chain Finance Award
- 2018-12-07 Rotterdam and the Brexit effect
- 2018-12-05 Emirates SkyCargo celebrates five years of uplifting roses from Ecuador
- 2018-12-05 Kuehne + Nagel introduces myKN
- 2018-12-05 Give your truck wings and improve the aerodynamics
- 2018-12-04 Panalpina targets growth in Kenya – expanding cold storage at Nairobi Airport
- 2018-12-03 Kenya: "Data gaps big hurdle in fresh produce exports"
- 2018-11-30 Perishables Logistics Africa 2018 calls for collaborative approach to improve Africa’s perishable exports
- 2018-11-29 “Over- or underselling is a thing of the past”
- 2018-11-29 More sustainable and smart transport between the Netherlands and North Rhine-Westphalia
- 2018-11-28 "Real-time tracking and tracing saves greenhouse suppliers money"
- 2018-11-27 “Sea transport can match air transport thanks to vacuum cooling”
"Hi, your today´s issue lists "will sea freight...?" article as commented 7 times. How can I see those comments? Regards,M"
Mauricio Gleiser, Bogota - 2018/01/25 18:32:39.000