Registration begins at 8:30 a.m. followed by the first presentation at 9 a.m., said Rick Auckerman, AgriLife Extension agricultural and natural resources agent for Deaf Smith County.
Lunch will be “on your own,” Auckerman said. Presentations will resume at 1:30 p.m. and the conference should conclude by 3:30 p.m.
An RSVP is requested by Feb. 5 to Auckerman at 806-364-3573 or firstname.lastname@example.org. The $10 registration fee is due upon arrival. Make checks payable to: Leadership Advisory Board.
Five Texas Department of Agriculture continuing education units – one laws and regulations, one integrated pest management and three general – will be offered for private pesticide applicators.
The program will include:
- TDA Laws and Regulations in the Landscape, Levon Harmon, former Texas Department of Agriculture inspector, Tulia.
- Fertility in the Landscape, Curt Franklin, Green Industries sales professional, Italy, Texas.
- Weed Control in Turf Grasses, Jim Garrett, PBI Gordon turf technical support, Grand Prairie.
- Use of Adjuvants in the Landscape, Franklin.
- Insect Management in the Landscape, Katelyn Kesheimer, AgriLife Extension integrated pest management agent, Lubbock.