- Finance Director - Ukraine
- Sales Manager and Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Breeder (MSc) - Hann. Münden, Germany
- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
- Сhief technologist, Tula region - Russia
- Сhief technology officer, Tula region - Russia
- Controller Technician / Electrician - Horticulture, Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
"Try a more cosy relationship with your packaging supplier"
"We have seen on broadcast media and read in the press that a possible tipping point has been reached in the attitudes of retailers and the Government to waste plastics which will have some influence on the options that packaging manufacturers are able to offer", the company says.
In the light of current packaging attention customers are looking to raise their environmental profile. Working alongside the customer Macpac enables a more nuanced, ethical and responsible approach to packaging through pioneering material application with a lower environmental impact and exclusive design not available in a more generic, all-encompassing blanket supply.
"We do not sell millions of standard 'off-the-shelf' packaging from a catalogue but instead collaborate closely with customers to conceive, design and then manufacture highly bespoke packaging, many on seasonally short runs as sometimes demanded by the horticultural sector."
Plantpac is an example of mail order packaging conceived and designed in consultation with a major mail order nursery. Since the launch Macpac, responding to market demands, has extended the plug plant range to include a new letterbox pack portfolio designed to be sent at the large letter rate. The company carries a large, on demand range which can be viewed online at www.plantpac.net
The 3P9 Plug Clampack is a demand-led optimal solution for foliage height up to 260mm. Complimenting the 3P9 Clampack is the 3P9 carton an optional corrugated outer packaging carrier. This can be customised with the company’s logo, delivery and contact details.
Macpac also designs shelf ready packaging speeding up product replenishment on-shelf, optimising on retail space and reducing handling costs. Working with customers Clamshell packs or clam packs are designed to be entirely bespoke. These are secure locking Clamshell packs to precisely accommodate the product with space for customer details.
Macpac use recycled PET (r-PET) in most of their products. No packaging manufactured with a blend of recycled PET should end up in landfill – it is possible for such packaging to be recycled over and over again with only a minimum virgin input to maintain stability. This ‘easy-to-recycle’ mantra is something that Macpac has promoted in its literature and when addressing the requirements of its customers.
Macpac acknowledges the Waste Reduction Agency WRAP’S latest ‘Courtauld 2025’ committing signatories including all the major retailers to reduce the resource intensity of the UK’s food and drink sector by 20% in the next nine years.
For more information:
+44 (0) 161 442 1642
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-12-12 What does the new German packaging law entail?
- 2018-12-05 "Amblyseius-System becomes more eco-friendly"
- 2018-12-03 New biodegradable material for plant labels presented
- 2018-11-26 “We look at a plant as art”
- 2018-11-21 A lightweight look-a-like of a terracotta pot
- 2018-11-16 Broekhof acquired by the Pacombi Group
- 2018-11-12 The impact of sustainable packaging on the floral industry
- 2018-11-05 'Bloomguard' sleeve now also for cut flowers and orchids
- 2018-11-05 Clever packaging concept makes headway
- 2018-11-05 Vaselife International to introduce 100% compostable packaging for cut flower food powder sachets
- 2018-10-31 Easier to recycle pots now available
- 2018-10-26 Waterless Internet Flower Packaging wins top honors at Sustainability Awards 2018
- 2018-10-25 MEPs back EU ban on throwaway plastics by 2021
- 2018-10-19 Modiform’s EcoExpert tray in auctions tray rebate scheme
- 2018-10-17 "Biodegradable film is ideal for flowers"
- 2018-10-04 UK: Recyclable pots arrive at Hillier Nurseries
- 2018-10-02 CAN (ON): Horta-Craft showcases new labels at CGC
- 2018-09-17 Waterless Internet Flower Packaging wins packaging award
- 2018-09-12 "We can take other countries as role models for European horticulture"
- 2018-09-07 As of January 1, 2019: New German Packaging Act