- Finance Director - Ukraine
- Sales Manager and Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Breeder (MSc) - Hann. Münden, Germany
- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
- Сhief technologist, Tula region - Russia
- Сhief technology officer, Tula region - Russia
- Controller Technician / Electrician - Horticulture, Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
US: Customs will inspect 1 billion flowers imported for Valentine's Day
Although the DHS agency is often associated with apprehending illegal immigrants and narcotics on land and sea, its Miami branch is known as the headquarters for floral importation inspections between Jan. 1 and Feb. 14 every year.
CBP officers at the Miami facility processed more than 954 million stems of flowers in 2017 and intercepted more than 1,000 plant pests. Exotic pests and foreign animal diseases cost an average of $138 billion in economic and environmental losses every year.
CBP in Los Angeles processed the second-highest amount of stems at 40 million; followed by Otay Mesa, Calif., at 25 million; and John F. Kennedy Airport in New York, which saw 19 million stems of flowers.
Read more at the Washington Examiner (Anna Giaritelli)
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-03-29 FloraHolland verfies Floralife Express Clear 100 for roses
- 2018-03-02 NPPO-approved systems approach for the import of cut flowers to Australia
- 2018-02-23 New Zealand: Digital biosecurity officer starts at Auckland Airport
- 2018-02-16 Special box extends shelf-life of flowers
- 2018-02-15 "Avoid cutting losses by prioritizing sticking"
- 2018-02-13 US: Customs will inspect 1 billion flowers imported for Valentine's Day
- 2018-01-31 US: Delayed shipments can stress vegetative cuttings
- 2018-01-30 Canada: Deadline pushed back for Greenhouse Certification Program
- 2018-01-19 New Zealand court fines plant smuggler
- 2017-12-20 India: Training on dried flowers technology and value addition
- 2017-11-29 Drugs found in South American flower shipment
- 2017-11-28 NL: New cooling rooms in use at VWS Flowerbulbs
- 2017-11-27 "Up to four times higher sales"
- 2017-11-22 "Flowers don’t require tough labor"
- 2017-10-25 Taking care of pathogens in the delivery process
- 2017-10-24 New device allows continuous monitoring of the cold chain
- 2017-10-03 US: APHIS starts offshore greenhouse certification pilot program
- 2017-10-02 "US can become a much larger market for Colombia"
- 2017-09-25 "Better shelf life, bigger and whiter flowers"
- 2017-09-22 India: Renovation of cold storage for flowers a boon