- Grower Support Manager (Blueberries) - Harare, Zimbabwe
- Finance Director - Ukraine
- Sales Manager and Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Breeder (MSc) - Hann. Münden, Germany
- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
- Сhief technologist, Tula region - Russia
- Сhief technology officer, Tula region - Russia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
US (CA): The American Tulip Day triumph
At sunrise, a group of Dutch flower farmers, local Dutch flower fans and team members from Sun Valley gathered at Union Square to pull off an incredible effort. By 11 am, this team of about 25 people had placed 100,000 tulips into a perfectly designed pattern, around the Dewey Monument.
Backs were sore, hands were chapped, but spirits were very high as what seemed like an unattainable goal was achieved through hard work and cooperation.
When the gates opened to the public, people streamed into the tulip garden, at first not quite sure what to do, then, they naturally just started pulling the tulips up. Soon waves of people were among the tulips, taking selfies, playing with their kids, and simply enjoying being surrounded by tulips.
Sun Valley's small crew stayed among the tulips, helping people take photos and explaining care and handling for their new treasures.
People were literally in tears as they thanked the team for this once in a lifetime opportunity. The makeup of the crowd was as diverse as you can image, yet every single person was laughing, smiling and sharing in an experience which they won’t soon forget.
One romantic soul used American Tulip Day as the perfect time to propose to his girlfriend, and of course she said yes!
After about three hours the tulip garden was nearly picked clean. The Sun Valley team reassembled to clean up the Square and return it to its original state. The crates were picked up, and trucks brought back to be reloaded.
Once the Square was swept and the banners tucked away, hugs and handshakes were exchanged among new friends, and promises were made for next year.
Right now, 100,000 tulips are in vases across the Bay Area and beyond, bringing joy and happiness to all.
For more information:
The Sun Valley Group
3160 Upper Bay Road
Arcata, CA 95521-9690
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-12-13 Australia: A reason to celebrate local products this Christmas
- 2018-12-12 Christmas tree farmers campaign for real trees
- 2018-12-12 Netherlands: Arrival of FloriWorld another step closer
- 2018-12-12 Poinsettia takes the limelight on National Poinsettia Day
- 2018-12-11 The dream of a perfect climate
- 2018-12-11 Living Coral is Pantone's Color of the Year
- 2018-12-11 BloomsyBox launches Martha Stewart rose collection
- 2018-12-10 Re-branding Sunpuma
- 2018-12-10 Chrysanthemum Royal Van Zanten travelling CHIC
- 2018-12-07 "A novel way to market exceptional flowers"
- 2018-12-07 Takii and the Van Gogh Museum renew their partnership for three years
- 2018-12-06 "We wish you a rose-mary Christmas"
- 2018-12-04 Table decoration kit: a novel way of marketing flowers
- 2018-11-30 US (CA): Handing out bunches of smiles with Petal It Forward
- 2018-11-27 UK: Michael Warren celebrates 50 years as a horticultural journalist
- 2018-11-26 "95% of rose growers currently supply good product photos"
- 2018-11-22 "Día de los Muertos very popular in Germany and France (again)"
- 2018-11-22 Calendar for Flower Council of Holland 2019-2020 consumer campaigns unveiled
- 2018-11-22 "Plant Bathing Studio achieves PR value of over 1.5 million euros"
- 2018-11-22 Tulip Vodka featured in Atlas Obscura