- Grower Support Manager (Blueberries) - Harare, Zimbabwe
- Finance Director - Ukraine
- Sales Manager and Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Breeder (MSc) - Hann. Münden, Germany
- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
- Сhief technologist, Tula region - Russia
- Сhief technology officer, Tula region - Russia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Flowers contribute to banner year for American cargo airlines
More than two million fresh flowers per freight aircraft were shipped onboard LATAM Cargo during the four weeks leading to this Valentine’s Day holiday, which together with Mother’s Day (April and May) represent the peak seasons for fresh flower exports worldwide.
From January 17 to February 7, more than 163 freighters departed from Ecuador and Colombia, almost tripling the number of regular weekly shipments. Between Bogota and Miami alone, LATAM Cargo’s traffic rose to 2,670 tonnes, compared with an average traffic of 360 tonnes per week. The company’s Quito-Miami route was equally as busy, with 3,740 tonnes versus a weekly average of 450 tonnes. In total, LATAM Cargo carried more than 4,310 tonnes of fresh flowers from Colombia and over 5,220 tonnes from Ecuador.
The United States is the principal market for fresh flowers transported by LATAM Cargo. This Valentine’s Day, Miami International Airport received some 7,900 tonnes from LATAM, representing more than 80 per cent of its cargo shipments. Of the flowers entering the country, 89 per cent remained in Florida, while the other 11 per cent continued on, mainly to Los Angeles.
Read more at The STAT Trade Times (Surya Kannoth)
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-12-13 DSV Indonesia opens new office in Medan, Sumatra
- 2018-12-13 Ethiopian Airlines exporting flowers from Kenya
- 2018-12-13 US: The impact of the ELD mandate on truckload shipping
- 2018-12-13 Early winter storm challenges trucking in Southeastern U.S.
- 2018-12-11 Kenya: Government to invest more in aviation infrastructure
- 2018-12-10 Frankfurt Airport expands cargo hub
- 2018-12-10 "Air cargo in Africa undergoing sea change"
- 2018-12-07 "Constructive talks with customers about peak days in 2019"
- 2018-12-07 Kuehne + Nagel wins Supply Chain Finance Award
- 2018-12-07 Rotterdam and the Brexit effect
- 2018-12-05 Emirates SkyCargo celebrates five years of uplifting roses from Ecuador
- 2018-12-05 Kuehne + Nagel introduces myKN
- 2018-12-05 Give your truck wings and improve the aerodynamics
- 2018-12-04 Panalpina targets growth in Kenya – expanding cold storage at Nairobi Airport
- 2018-12-03 Kenya: "Data gaps big hurdle in fresh produce exports"
- 2018-11-30 Perishables Logistics Africa 2018 calls for collaborative approach to improve Africa’s perishable exports
- 2018-11-29 “Over- or underselling is a thing of the past”
- 2018-11-29 More sustainable and smart transport between the Netherlands and North Rhine-Westphalia
- 2018-11-28 "Real-time tracking and tracing saves greenhouse suppliers money"
- 2018-11-27 “Sea transport can match air transport thanks to vacuum cooling”