- Greenhouse Plug Propagator - Dunnville (Ontario) Canada
- Head Grower new Tomato farm, Iowa USA
- Senior Grower Tomato, NSW Australia
- Grower Managers (5ha or 10ha) - Australia
- Rose Grower
- Farm Manager Tomato Greenhouse Nursery, Tunisia
- Sales Manager
- Gartenbaumeister (Deutschland) - Niederrhein
- Group Chief Operating Officer
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Schroll is developing the hydrangea production in Portugal
Schroll's production location in Portugal.
Schroll Flowers breeds their varieties in Denmark and for several years produced young plants and half finished on their more than 30 ha in Portugal and finished them on 15 ha in Denmark. Last year, however, Schroll Flowers did some trials with finishing hydrangeas in Portugal and after receiving positive feedback from their customers, they decided to finish the garden size hydrangeas for the spring season 2018 in Portugal. "The high light levels in Portugal, enables us to grow a stronger and higher quality crop than the traditional greenhouse production which can be quite soft in the spring", says Soren Schroll co-owner of the company.
Soren Schroll, Mariolla Dolleris Schroll and Sergiy Petrenko at the IPM Essen
So, from now till around the first of July, they will ship finished hydrangeas directly from their site in Portugal to customers all over Europe as well as to their locations in Denmark for further distribution. "We cannot finish the hydrangeas in Portugal in the high summer after end of June, because the weather will be too hot. But at that time the weather in Denmark is perfect for hydrangeas so sales from first of July will be based on forcing in Denmark."
Around 20 finished varieties will be grown at their site in Portugal in large scale. The garden size plants are mainly produced in a 4 liter pot for Schroll Flowers' own customers and in a 5 liter pot for customers by De Jong Plant BV in Holland. Besides the garden size Schroll Flowers also produces the indoor sizes P10.5 and P13 in large scale both in Portugal and in Denmark.
For more information
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-11-11 Colombia: "We want to be the leaders in innovation"
- 2019-11-11 How the Slow Flower movement is influencing the industry
- 2019-11-11 US (NE): Williams Flowers celebrates 30th anniversary
- 2019-11-08 Chrysanthemums and hydrangeas: Origins and destinations
- 2019-11-06 "We're looking for a Dutch partner with broad experience in tulip cultivation and export"
- 2019-11-05 UK: Sydenham Garden flower enterprise gets new raised beds
- 2019-11-05 Growing summer flowers in an African symbiosis
- 2019-11-05 From a small shop to a major cut flower producer
- 2019-11-05 Blue genes fit the global market like a glove
- 2019-11-04 Seeing how Colombia grows
- 2019-11-01 Rosa ApS debuts at FloraHolland Trade Fair
- 2019-11-01 Welsh growers recognised in industry awards
- 2019-10-31 UK: Funding for horticultural research students
- 2019-10-31 How a farm in New Zealand keeps its daffodils blooming
- 2019-10-30 Dutch cactus grower operation doubled
- 2019-10-30 NL: Christmas cut flowers growing in the 'Green Heart'
- 2019-10-30 Colombia: Growing flowers ánd durable working conditions
- 2019-10-30 Nolina and the rise of the large-flowered potted rose
- 2019-10-29 UK: Nursery expands, reporting "exceptional demand for British-grown stock"
- 2019-10-29 US (LA): Mums are popular for All Saints’ Day
I purchased 2 hydrangeas from Walmart with a Schroll tag (88-09-02) Deep Red. My questin is if the color will stay deep red after ground planting or if the soil needs to be adjusted to maintain this color?
connie gist, killen - 2018/03/27 00:36:43.000
I just received a Schroll hydrangea- Pink Sunset. Can I plant it in the ground? How do I do so-instructions as to depth, space, food, light etc. Thank you for your help!
judith b. raphaeli, Baltimore - 2018/05/17 21:19:01.000
I bought a Deep Red Hydrangea from Wal mart (88-09-02 MY QUESTION IS COULD i PLANT IT OUTSIDE before fall starts.
Arlene Annella Reed, Lithia Springs - 2018/09/11 00:59:09.000