- Grower Support Manager (Blueberries) - Harare, Zimbabwe
- Finance Director - Ukraine
- Sales Manager and Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Breeder (MSc) - Hann. Münden, Germany
- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
- Сhief technologist, Tula region - Russia
- Сhief technology officer, Tula region - Russia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Smithers-Oasis promotes Riffey to general manager, grower operations
Bringing more than 30 years of experience to the position, Riffey has held the position of general manager, North America, Oasis Growers Solutions since 2015. In 2016 he was given additional responsibility for South America. Prior to joining Smithers-Oasis, Riffey held the positions of national sales and marketing manager at Pleasant View Gardens, Loudon, N.H., and vice president of sales and marketing, territory sales manager and customer service manager at Aris Horticulture Inc. (formerly Yoder Brothers), Barberton, Ohio.
In his new position, Riffey plans to leverage the existing locations of Smithers-Oasis to build local markets for Oasis Grower Solutions products. He also intends on developing the “Follow the Plants” strategy using technologies from Oasis Grower Solutions, Oasis Floral Products and Floralife post-harvest products to provide insurance through the horticulture supply chain globally.
“The promotion of Bill Riffey is part of our strategic plan that we are confident will significantly increase Oasis Grower Solutions and Floralife global sales,” said Jim Daly, vice president, global Floralife and Grower operations and corporate research.
Riffey earned his bachelor’s degree in ornamental horticulture from the University of Illinois and executive MBA from Kent State University.
Riffey resides in Akron, Ohio, with his wife, two children, two dogs and five cats. In his spare time, Riffey enjoys landscaping, vegetable gardening and remodeling his home.
For more information:
295 Water Street
Kent, OH 44240
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-12-14 Impression last GMM Royal FloraHolland
- 2018-12-14 Kenya: Oserian announces new computer courses for 1400 students as it seeks to deepen IT skills
- 2018-12-14 US (KY): EHR welcomes 3 new sales people to team
- 2018-12-14 Oboya signs cooperation agreement with Gaia regarding biomaterials
- 2018-12-14 James Barnes appointed as Chairman of the Horticultural Trades Association (HTA)
- 2018-12-13 Investment company Nimbus buys Koninklijke Van Zanten Group
- 2018-12-12 ForemostCo donates percentage of December sales to Voices for Children Foundation
- 2018-12-12 KenGen investors raise concerns over Kenya Power debt
- 2018-12-12 Turkish producer of sticky traps becomes part of Biobest Group
- 2018-12-11 NL: Van Amelsvoort Kassenbouw celebrates its 60th anniversary
- 2018-12-11 UK: New Director of Estates and Projects at Royal Parks
- 2018-12-10 "Better roots for Hydrangeas with container mulch"
- 2018-12-07 "'Thank you' is the best prayer one can recite"
- 2018-12-07 Video: New developments in indoor growing
- 2018-12-06 Bosman Van Zaal on the move
- 2018-12-06 Sri Lanka: Mike Biotech Asia wins National Business Excellence Awards 2018
- 2018-12-06 Alan “Buddy” Jacobson: 1931 –2018
- 2018-12-06 Mid-Florida Research and Education Center commemorates 50th anniversary
- 2018-12-04 Two new faces at MNP Flowers
- 2018-12-03 NL: Van Nifterik Holland takes over Bambooexporter’s activities