- Grower Support Manager (Blueberries) - Harare, Zimbabwe
- Finance Director - Ukraine
- Sales Manager and Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Breeder (MSc) - Hann. Münden, Germany
- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
- Сhief technologist, Tula region - Russia
- Сhief technology officer, Tula region - Russia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Spain: Plantal ramps up high-tech Mandevilla Bella cuttings production
Lars van Steekelenburg at the Royal FloraHolland Seasonal Trade Fair 2018 in Naaldwijk earlier this month.
In a new high-tech greenhouse cuttings will be produced. “In that process we need high humidity, which improves the rooting.” The greenhouse can be heated by warm water. A double screen regulates the light and temperature. An automatic watering system affords the plants purified water. Ozone technology is being installed as well.
The greenhouse and the installations are built by a Spanish company, the cultivation table system was supplied by Dutch company HT Verboom. “We have chosen our suppliers not only by the prices they offer but also based on experience, references and trust.”
Perfect Mediterranean plant
For breeding, the Spanish climate is excellent. When annual plants are fully grown, they can stand perfectly in the Northern European countries like Germany and the Netherlands.
“It is the perfect Mediterranean plant for Northern Europe. During the spring and summer they constantly sprout new flowers. A Danish customer told me that his Mandevilla Bella flourished from April till the first night frost in November. When placed inside in a conservatory or greenhouse they bloom even longer. As long as the temperature stays above 15 degrees Celsius and the plant gets enough sunlight, the customer can enjoy it for a long time.”
Plantal Producciones started in 2001. Besides different varieties of Mandevilla (Dipladenia) they also grow Adenium and Passiflora.
“With the new greenhouse we have enough space to meet demand. It is not our goal to expand and get big, we think it is most important that we can provide excellent material to our customers. In the future we will be experimenting with new varieties from Kientzler Young Plants so that we can offer them a wider range of plants.”
For more information:
Plantal Producciones S.L.
Lars van Steekelenburg
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-12-14 US (FL): Taking FNGLA certification abroad
- 2018-12-14 US (FL): Sarasota nursery has a colorful sea of poinsettias
- 2018-12-14 NL: Dutch phalaenopsis grower invests in new facilities
- 2018-12-13 Seeing how the cuttings grow in Africa
- 2018-12-12 Saffron cultivation in southern Sweden
- 2018-12-12 The challenges of growing flowers in Gaza
- 2018-12-11 UK: Trainee programme champions next generation of growers
- 2018-12-11 IU greenhouse supervisor still has a passion for horticulture after 46 years
- 2018-12-11 US (PA): Poinsettia sales blooming for local grower
- 2018-12-11 "We've never had such a big order"
- 2018-12-10 CAN (BC): Poinsettias becoming a popular fundraising item
- 2018-12-10 Flower volunteers on a house-building mission in Guatemala
- 2018-12-07 US (PA): "Better Christmas Cactus season compared to last year"
- 2018-12-07 Signify teams up with Dutch gerbera grower for 1 ha toplighting project
- 2018-12-07 How to succeed by thinking beyond “success”
- 2018-12-06 "I’d love to see more people choosing British flowers"
- 2018-12-06 Using light spectrum to control kalanchoe growth
- 2018-12-06 "Nursery flowers at cemetery prevent families from paying respects"
- 2018-12-06 Colombian growers preparing for El Niño
- 2018-12-06 Mordovia aims to become Russia's biggest rose exporter