Growers are encouraged to save the date for two upcoming production nursery pest and disease management workshops scheduled for the Northern Territory (NT) and South Australia (SA) this June.
The workshops are scheduled for the below dates and locations:
- Wednesday, 13 June, Berrimah farm, Darwin, NT
- Friday, 15 June, Urrbrae TAFE, Adelaide, SA.
These workshops are the first of a series of informative events to be held in each state and territory throughout 2018, as part of the project Building the resilience and on-farm biosecurity capacity of the Australian production nursery industry (NY15002), a strategic levy investment under the Hort Innovation Nursery Fund.
The half-day workshops will inform production nursery businesses on how to implement integrated crop management practices. Including:
- Cultural management practices
- Biological management practices
- Pesticide management practices (including pesticide rotations)
- Methods of detecting insects/mites and assessing plant health.
The workshops will focus on managing major groups of pests including aphids, scale insects, psyllids, stinkbugs, thrips and mites.Click here for more information.