- Grower Support Manager (Blueberries) - Harare, Zimbabwe
- Finance Director - Ukraine
- Sales Manager and Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Breeder (MSc) - Hann. Münden, Germany
- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
- Сhief technologist, Tula region - Russia
- Сhief technology officer, Tula region - Russia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
The floral aspects of the Kazakh market
Though not huge, the Kazakh market offers interesting outlooks in its own right. Local production is low, about 90% of all floral products is imported. Flowers and plants are mainly imported from the Netherlands, Ecuador, Colombia, Kenya, Israel and China. About 70% of the total volume of imported flowers, mostly roses, is consumed by Almaty and Astana. As cash figures are not too impressive, though data can be deceiving. Being a developing nation, perhaps prospects are more interesting than achieved results so far: according to experts, market capacity for the import of flowers is 80-100 million dollars.
John van Elstgeest of Flower Circus was exhibiting at this show for the first time and next to hosting floral demonstrations in his typical suit, he made some pictures and kindly shared them with us.
John: "In numbers of both exhibitors and visitors, the fair was not particularly big. However, our floral demonstrations could count on lots of attention. I dare to say our shows were the expo's hotspot, and florists bombed us with questions. Interestingly, many did not know that phalaenopsis is also produced as cut flower, that bouquet fillers come in many varieties, and there is generally a lot to learn about assortment and new varieties." In their shows, FlowerCircus promoted the products of Royal Flowers, Deliflor, Adomex, Special Orchids, Ichtus Flowers, Bredefleur, Florein Gerbera, vd Lugt Lisianthus and Beyond Chrysant.
AstanaFloraExpo is a joint project of exhibition companies "AstanaExpo-KZ", Kazakhstan and "GreenExpo", Russia. More information on the fair can be found here.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-12-13 Flower Expo China 2019: A glance at horticulture products exhibitors
- 2018-12-12 France: First highlights revealed for International Floralies
- 2018-12-12 India: 200,000 stems of flowers for fairytale wedding
- 2018-12-12 International interest for HortiContact Tour 2019
- 2018-12-12 PanAmerican Seed promises huge color impact at IPM Essen
- 2018-12-11 IPM Essen: 17 countries present innovations in international joint booths
- 2018-12-10 US (OR): Farwest accepting booth applications
- 2018-12-07 US (CA): Tournament of Roses announces Opening Spectacular, float participants
- 2018-12-07 "Play your part in the 2019 garden industry story"
- 2018-12-07 US (MD): Schedule announced for 63rd Annual SNA Research Conference
- 2018-12-06 CAN (ON): Talking healthy roots with horticulture students
- 2018-12-05 Bangladesh hosts international flower expo
- 2018-12-05 US: Flower growers invited to join annual Washington, D.C. fly-in
- 2018-12-04 Garden Trials: Innovations in woody plants and perennials
- 2018-12-03 Hortiflorexpo IPM Shanghai expands to 50,000 m2 in 2019
- 2018-11-30 Perennial Lifeline Garden celebrates 180 years of helping people in horticulture
- 2018-11-30 Last chance to register for MSU Extension Online Greenhouse Courses
- 2018-11-29 IPM Essen focuses on young, urban target groups
- 2018-11-29 Theme Plantarium 2019: “Green Fits All”
- 2018-11-28 UK: Nursery Supply Show finds new home at Stoneleigh Park