- Head Grower - Hudson (OH) USA
- Product Developer - Italy
- Commercial Manager | Fresh Produce | Kenya
- Technical sales Specialist North Europe (Benelux - Germany)
- Technical sales specialists Florida, Virginia, North Caroline, South Carolina, Texas, - USA
- Business Development Manager Spain
- Director of Operations - Ethiopia
- Product Manager Premium Beans - Rotterdam, NL
- Crop Consultant - Canada
- Market Access & Quality Systems Manager | Fruit - Bologna, Italy
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
RHS Chelsea Flower Show:
Hydrangea Runaway Bride 'Snow White' named Plant of the Year
Runaway Bride is an entirely new class of interspecific Hydrangea hybrid – created by Ushio Sakazaki – that flowers not only at the end of the stems, but also from all lateral buds from the previous season.
Virtually all hydrangea cvs flower from terminal buds that developed in the previous year. Runaway Bride flowers not only from terminal buds, but also from virtually all lateral buds along the elegant, arching stems. The lateral buds produce 2-3 leaf pairs, then the flower heads. The lacecap inflorescences are bordered with large, elegant sterile florets in pure white, often flushed with pink during cooler weather.
Due to the unique flowering habit and garland-like stems, this type of hydrangea can be grown into totally new product forms – in addition to standard pots/containers, Runaway Bride can also be grown in hanging baskets, on trellises, pyramids, columns and more.
In the 2018 season, Runaway Bride will only be available via mail-order companies (Baldur Garten, Thompson&Morgan); the official retail launch with full-sized, flowering finished plants is planned for Spring 2019.
Cultivaris GmbH, as licensing agent for this variety in Europe, is working with hydrangea professionals in all of Europe in order to guarantee a top-notch quality at retail.
Cultivaris GmbH is also working closely with Media Concept Schweiz and Gregg Marketing in order to create and implement a pan-European marketing campaign – both on a B2B and a B2C level – with various POS material, printed pots, labels etc..
EUPBR and USPP applications have been filed for Runaway Bride 'Snow White' under the denomination USHYD0405; the brands Runaway Bride and Garland have been registered as trademarks.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-07-18 A new rose in Moscow
- 2019-07-17 Novelties Plantarium 2019, part 1
- 2019-07-16 UK: New sweet pea flower to be given Welsh name
- 2019-07-16 Singapore orchids have many world famous names
- 2019-07-15 UK: Fryer’s Roses to launch new rose in memory of Dianne Oxberry
- 2019-07-15 Bloomin’ Easy introduces three exclusive new varieties for 2020
- 2019-07-10 Singapore: Orchid named after Armenian Prime Minister and spouse
- 2019-07-10 US: Emerald Coast Growers 2019-20 Resource Guide now available
- 2019-07-10 "New genetics and customized programs can increase profitability"
- 2019-07-09 Dümmen Orange launches new phalaenopsis label 'Popcorn'
- 2019-07-08 US: Five new edible varieties earn AAS Winner designation
- 2019-07-03 US: Four Star’s new 2020 Plants & Programs Guide available
- 2019-07-01 UK: Fryer’s Roses to launch two new roses for 2019
- 2019-06-26 Danziger highlights solutions for small and medium growers at Cultivate 2019
- 2019-06-25 Awards and medals for two garden roses from Roses Forever
- 2019-06-24 US (VA): NewGen Boxwood introduces its first two program selections for the marketplace
- 2019-06-24 Roses as an alternative to scented candles?
- 2019-06-21 Chinese scientists bloom in efforts to save rare flowers
- 2019-06-21 US: For growers, Outstanding Varieties provides opportunity to stand apart
- 2019-06-19 Deliflor introduces Rossano Elizabeth
This is fantastic!!
Who sells hydrangea Runaway Bride wholesale in Europe?? Whatever form, slips or small plants 9cm, or half-finished or finished plants for example.
Thanks for an answer.
Suzanne Lukas Az. Agr. Geotti & Lukas ss, Aiello del Friuli 33041 - 2018/07/21 15:58:12.000