- Sales Manager
- Gartenbaumeister (Deutschland) - Niederrhein
- Group Chief Operating Officer
- Allround Medewerker Bedrijfsbureau - Est, Nederland
- General Manager Fresh Produce Manufacturing - Tasmania (Australia)
- Head Grower - Mason City (Iowa) USA
- Integrated Crop Management (ICM) Technician - Olds (Alberta) Canada
- Hoofd Engineering - Gameren, Nederland
- Manager Operations - Gameren, Nederland
- Master Vegetable - Flower Grower
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
RHS Chelsea Flower Show:
Hydrangea Runaway Bride 'Snow White' named Plant of the Year
Runaway Bride is an entirely new class of interspecific Hydrangea hybrid – created by Ushio Sakazaki – that flowers not only at the end of the stems, but also from all lateral buds from the previous season.
Virtually all hydrangea cvs flower from terminal buds that developed in the previous year. Runaway Bride flowers not only from terminal buds, but also from virtually all lateral buds along the elegant, arching stems. The lateral buds produce 2-3 leaf pairs, then the flower heads. The lacecap inflorescences are bordered with large, elegant sterile florets in pure white, often flushed with pink during cooler weather.
Due to the unique flowering habit and garland-like stems, this type of hydrangea can be grown into totally new product forms – in addition to standard pots/containers, Runaway Bride can also be grown in hanging baskets, on trellises, pyramids, columns and more.
In the 2018 season, Runaway Bride will only be available via mail-order companies (Baldur Garten, Thompson&Morgan); the official retail launch with full-sized, flowering finished plants is planned for Spring 2019.
Cultivaris GmbH, as licensing agent for this variety in Europe, is working with hydrangea professionals in all of Europe in order to guarantee a top-notch quality at retail.
Cultivaris GmbH is also working closely with Media Concept Schweiz and Gregg Marketing in order to create and implement a pan-European marketing campaign – both on a B2B and a B2C level – with various POS material, printed pots, labels etc..
EUPBR and USPP applications have been filed for Runaway Bride 'Snow White' under the denomination USHYD0405; the brands Runaway Bride and Garland have been registered as trademarks.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-10-11 Terra Nova Nurseries announces university trial garden awards
- 2019-10-10 HilverdaFlorist grand champions of outstanding varieties contest Proflora 2019
- 2019-10-09 Breeder breathes new life into Brassica cut flowers with updated range
- 2019-10-09 Selecta One releases Perennials catalogue 2020
- 2019-10-07 More colors added to Jupiter waxflower line
- 2019-10-03 Matilda “Ptilotus exaltatus” released at Proflora
- 2019-10-03 Fleurizon releases 2020 catalog
- 2019-10-02 Fenix added to santini assortment
- 2019-10-01 Red disbudded chrysanthemum added to PIP family
- 2019-09-30 Six novelties enrolled for examination
- 2019-09-27 Sant Open House welcomes 350-400 guests
- 2019-09-26 Orchid named after Japanese actor for contributions to Singapore tourism
- 2019-09-19 Floritec makes headway in South American market
- 2019-09-11 Korean orchids arrive in the US
- 2019-09-10 Introduction of new resistant Buxus varieties
- 2019-09-09 Allensmore releases Main Season 2020 catalogue
- 2019-09-09 Brandkamp reveals Solfaro Pelargonium series
- 2019-09-06 Meat-eating plants making a comeback in England
- 2019-09-05 Colombia: Burgundy, salmon, coral and peach popular picks for chrysanthemum
- 2019-09-04 China: Four species of Gesneriaceae reported new from Yunnan
This is fantastic!!
Who sells hydrangea Runaway Bride wholesale in Europe?? Whatever form, slips or small plants 9cm, or half-finished or finished plants for example.
Thanks for an answer.
Suzanne Lukas Az. Agr. Geotti & Lukas ss, Aiello del Friuli 33041 - 2018/07/21 15:58:12.000