The responses from the visitors were very enthusiastic, Florist Holland reports. During the BBC Gardeners World Live visitors were able to buy the Garvinea from the Fresh at Burcot Garvinea team. On Sunday 800 Garvineas from the pyramid were sold in one hour to the visitors of the event.
The pyramid was decorated with the Garvinea series Sweet Surprise (purple), Sweet Memories (pink), Sweet Love (red) and Sweet Honey (orange).
Benefits of Garvinea in a nutshell:
- The first true garden Gerbera
- Flowering period from early spring until first frost
- Produces up to 100 flowers per plant per year
- The large flowers attract pollinators and let them make their contribution to the ecosystem
- Flowers can be picked and used as cut flowers. Extra benefit, plucking stimulates the creation of new buds on the plant
- Organic gardening becomes easy, because this Garvinea is highly resistant to pests and diseases