- Commercial Manager Spain
- Crop Farm Manager Sharjah
- Commercial Manager Soft Fruits
- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
- Experienced International Trade Specialist
Top 5 -yesterday
- "Australian native flowers provide a true seasonality and florists love this variety, variability in supply”
- "Stunning genetics under the tropical sun in Singapore"
- Greenhouse plastic boom blights Vietnam’s vegetable and flower basket
- Designed glasshouse unfolds like a flower in just four minutes
- Plantipp and Concept Plants scoop prizes
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Finalists announced for AIPH International Grower of the Year Awards 2016
• Arcadia Chrysanten, Netherlands
• Costa Farms, USA
• Dashung International Flower, China
• Flash Tarim Urunleri (Flash Flowers), Turkey
• Florensis, Germany/Netherlands
• Kunming Hongzhihua Gardening, China
• Majestic Trees, UK
• Shanghai Yuan Seedling, China
Bronze, Silver and Gold will be awarded, where applicable, to each category - Finished Plants & Trees, Young Plants and Cut Flowers. Each of the category winners will be judged for the final and most prestigious award – the coveted Gold Rose, awarding them the global status of AIPH International Grower of the Year.
Chairman of the international jury and AIPH Past-President, Vic Krahn, commented on the entries, “The jury was very impressed with the exceptionally high standard of the entries received this year. It was a huge task with so many more entries than previous years. The high standards of the entrants meant the jury had to work exceptionally hard. However, in every judge’s case, they found it extremely thrilling to assess such high quality businesses. They know with certainty that when the winners are announced in January, this industry will be truly inspired by these world acclaimed businesses.”
AIPH Secretary General, Tim Briercliffe added, “We have been so pleased with the response from growers around the world to the call for entries in this expanded global contest. There will be more winners this year than ever before and I hope the industry will join us to celebrate when the winners are announced in January.”
Celebrating the world’s best ornamentals growers, the Awards Gala Dinner takes place on Thursday, 28 January 2016, during IPM Essen, Germany - held in partnership with Headline Sponsor, FloraHolland.
AIPH invites growers, traders, suppliers, retailers, business leaders and all those linked to the ornamental horticulture industry to join them at this momentous horticultural occasion.
For information and tickets visit www.aiph.org/groweroftheyear
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-07-01 Mayer international team finally meats in person at event in Hungary
- 2022-07-01 "Stunning genetics under the tropical sun in Singapore"
- 2022-07-01 US (FL): Funding the future of Floriculture and AFE Reception
- 2022-07-01 SAF's 2022 competition invites growers to show standout varieties
- 2022-06-30 Meeting the creatives who designed American Flowers Week 2022 Botanical Couture Collection
- 2022-06-30 "Accepting the community as a designer key to success with urban farming"
- 2022-06-30 Thousands headed to the RHS Garden Harlow Carr Flower Show to mark the start of the flower show season
- 2022-06-30 RBG’s Iconic Rose Garden in bloom for summer
- 2022-06-30 US (IA): “Testing the Best in the Midwest”
- 2022-06-28 Solar greenhouse idea wins Schneider Go Green student competition
- 2022-06-27 Polish city authorities at Floriade
- 2022-06-27 Fun, flowers and floristry in the UK
- 2022-06-24 Looking back at FlowerTrials 2022
- 2022-06-24 US (CA): Family rich in farming heritage to host Field to Vase Dinner
- 2022-06-24 Horticultural Trades Association launches its first ornamental grower of year awards
- 2022-06-23 Spotlight on British cut flowers as Flowers from the Farm stages the RHS Flower School at the RHS Hampton Court Palace Garden Festival
- 2022-06-23 Floriexpo 2022: US B2B Floral Event
- 2022-06-23 Success for Writtle University College’s celebration of horticulture
- 2022-06-23 It has been a busy two weeks for Elsner PAC
- 2022-06-23 Plug & cutting conference 2022: "start seeding smarter solutions for better performance"