- Sales Manager / Director - West Coast primary, USA
- Medewerker productmanagement support - Bleiswijk
- Head grower & Indoor farming-/hydroponic specialist - Küssnacht am Rigi, Switzerland
- Technical Director - Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Onderzoekassistent Fenotyperen - Bleiswijk
- Horticultural Soil Sales Representative - USA
- Turnkey Vegetable Greenhouse Sales Representative - USA
- Sales Administrator - Europe Division
- Junior Sales Manager - Europe Division
- Head Grower - Avoine, France
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
First compostable garden pot funded through Kickstarter
To give its pot a large volume run, SelfEco took to Kickstarter to raise funds. The company put up a $25,000 goal in hopes to purchase a production mold that would improve its capabilities and ultimately shave the retail price of a SelfEco pot by as much as 85 percent. “For right now, we developed a prototype tool just to get products tested,” Danny said.
Danny recalls being ecstatic by the immediate support. “There is a movement among the younger generation that knows there are products that are not being put on the shelves,” he said, “simply because big box retailers decided they don’t want it.”
Interest in SelfEco’s product has moved beyond the casual consumer, though. While refusing to disclose specific names, Danny revealed a number of home and garden companies have contacted him to make early orders.
“We’ve had some growers reach out to us that want quotes for 5,000 to 50,000 pots,” he said. “So this new mold [that we get] will probably run a few million pots.”
Read the full report at Twin Cities Business
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2020-09-04 "Plants can recognise their relatives, make decisions, and count"
- 2020-09-02 Indoor plant with four leaves sells for $8,000 in New Zealand
- 2020-09-02 "Automation friendly containers are critical in getting the job done"
- 2020-06-24 Barcelona orchestra plays for 3,000 potted plants
- 2020-06-10 Innovative plant gel enables growers and packers to keep plants fresher for longer
- 2020-06-01 Potted lisianthus takes root in the market
- 2020-05-14 Edible plant Physalis Puraviana in a sustainable cultivation pot
- 2020-04-21 Post-harvesting of cut flowers and ornamental plants
- 2020-04-20 US (OR): Carefree succulents continue to grow in popularity
- 2020-03-30 Costa Farms supplies thousands of commercially rare plants in new collection
- 2020-03-13 The very specific rules for naming houseplants
- 2020-03-05 Dendrobium: Houseplant of the month March
- 2020-02-26 British councils encouraged to recycle plant pots
- 2020-01-28 Are houseplants bad for the environment?
- 2020-01-27 Costa Farms’ Monstera deliciosa ‘Thai Constellation’ chosen as favorite new foliage plant at TPIE 2020
- 2020-01-23 New Zealand's "most expensive houseplant" sells for $5000
- 2020-01-21 Chelsea Flower Show to bring in new category for houseplants
- 2020-01-15 Areca palm: Houseplant of the Month February 2020
- 2020-01-13 Plants can improve work life
- 2020-01-03 2020 Plant of the Year: Pilea Peperomioides