- Sales Representative - Canada
- Sales Coordination Manager - Geeste, Emsland, Germany
- Sales Representatives Horticultural Greenhouses - Mexico
- Head Grower/Agronomist - Cambridge, New Zealand
- Research Greenhouse Manager - Durham (New Hampshire) USA
- Customer Account Manager - New Milton, UK
- Head of Sales, Europe
- Innovation Leader - Crop Trials in Bologna, Italy
- Sales consultant for nursery and horticultural products - Australia
- Business Developer Soft Fruit
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
UK: National Plant Collection to preserve chrysanthemums
Previously Plant Heritage has mainly awarded Collections looked after by one National Collection Holder in one place, but the new Collection Holder of Chrysanthemum (Hardy) Judy Barker has joined forces with two recognised partners, Hill Close Gardens (Warwick) and Dr Andrew Ward of Norwell Nurseries (Newark). The new partnership will mean a stronger position for the current and future conservation of hardy chrysanthemums with displays now open to the public in three locations across three counties.
Judy started the Collection of Korean, Rubellum and hardy spray chrysanthemums at her allotment in Hertfordshire over 12 years ago. Over the years, Judy has maintained the Collection on her own despite recent winter floods and having had surgery on both her hips.
Judy said, “I am so pleased to have extended the holding of my National Plant Collection with Norwell Nurseries and Hill Close Gardens. Chrysanthemums are wonderfully, versatile plants with deep intense colours and scents. They are also easy to grow, many survive colder winters and they provide essential support for insects”.
Plant Heritage CEO Sarah Quarterman said, “We are delighted to announce this first new National Plant Collection partnership of hardy chrysanthemums across the three counties of Hertfordshire, Nottinghamshire and Warwickshire.
For more information:
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-03-26 Dutch bulb grower presents Fall Wholesale Catalog 2019
- 2019-03-25 Behind the scenes at Aleia Roses in Spain
- 2019-03-25 US (CA): 'The Bulb Guy' opens flower-filled backyard to the public
- 2019-03-22 UK: Commercial horticulture benefits through award of BPOA Peter Seabrook Bursary
- 2019-03-22 Danish campanulas ready for spring rush
- 2019-03-21 US (FL): Still growing after four generations
- 2019-03-21 Uganda: Take a look inside a cuttings production location
- 2019-03-20 UK: Horticulture to benefit from DCF’s investment in students
- 2019-03-20 US (CA): Spring is in the air at Sun Valley
- 2019-03-19 US (ME): Greenhouses struggle with weather to prep for spring
- 2019-03-19 Italy: "Wide range gives competitive edge across markets and seasons"
- 2019-03-18 Australia: Roadmap towards a stronger and more sustainable workforce
- 2019-03-15 US: William H. Preston continues legacy with endowment support
- 2019-03-15 UK: Bransford Webbs is now a zero to landfill business
- 2019-03-15 "We want to turn interested buyers into genuine ambassadors of the flower industry"
- 2019-03-15 Italian grower Eurosa opens warehouse at Royal FloraHolland
- 2019-03-15 Australia: Hort funded Fellowships now open for application
- 2019-03-14 US (AK): Stone Circle becomes Certified American Grown
- 2019-03-14 CAN (ON): "At springtime, there’s never enough space in the greenhouse"
- 2019-03-13 US (MI): Dale Deppe receives WNLA Western Legend Award