- Processing & Quality Management Director - Made, The Netherlands or Sderot/Brurim, Israel
- Aankomend Int. Export Manager jonge groenteplanten
- Director of Hydroponic Production - Madrid, Spain
- Non-Executive Directors
- Horticultural Sales Manager - Fruit Industry, Europe
- Sales Representative - New South Wales (Australia)
- Business Development Coordinator - New Zealand
- Greenhouse Production Manager - Heho (Shan State) Myanmar
- Account Manager Benelux
- Cut Flower Sales Manager
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
New Convent Garden:
UK Easter trends: Traditional flowers with untraditional colors
Outdoor daffodils from Cambridgeshire
If you're after muscari (grape hyacinths), you'll be really spoilt for choice variety-wise this month!
Change in color
The tulips, muscaris, forget me nots and the ranunculus, which are mainly imported from the Netherlands, are traditional spring flowers that have undergone some changes over the years. "For these varieties, the demand for different kind of colors increased. In the past, pastel colors for tulips, and traditional colors for the muscaris and forget me nots were popular. Now, we see an increasing demand for vibrant colored tulips and pastel colored muscaris and forget me nots," says Evans. For the ranunculus, not only the demand for different colors, but also the demand for different varieties increased. "I am amazed by the range and variety of ranunculus on the market at the moment. Over the years, the demand Cloni ranunculus and the ranunculus Pon-Pon Aurora increased. The Cloni ranunculus is very popular for weddings as people like a slightly more old fashioned look. A few years ago calla lilies were often used," she says
Salmon pink Cloni ranunculus are available at D G Wholesale Flowers.
Cappuccino ranunculus can be found at the Market, along with standard and Cloni varieties in a wide range of colours.
However, there is still a demand for traditional colors. The demand for the daffodils, a traditional spring flower, is high. And as Easter is around the corner, there are sightly more traditional flowers, like white lilies and yellow daffodils offered on the Market. However, according to Evans, Easter is not as big as it used to be in the UK. "More people are on holiday, so they do not buy that many flowers especially for this occasion. The daffodils are popular in general," she says.
Blossoms, like the magnolia, cherry, and pussy willow are also popular and increasingly in popularity. "More and more florists are using these blossoms as they have a soft texture and furry look," she says.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-06-14 HR pro shares advice on how to 'Hire Smarter'
- 2019-06-14 UK sees surge in British flowers sales
- 2019-06-13 UK flower-growing industry in full bloom
- 2019-06-13 UK: Major retailer signs up to NFU Plants and Flowers Pledge
- 2019-06-12 "NGIA members show overwhelming support for Greenlife Industry Australia"
- 2019-06-12 Financial developments in Dutch horticulture less rosy
- 2019-06-12 Almost 600 plants died out in past 250 years
- 2019-06-11 British TV presenter urges gardeners to support specialist UK nurseries
- 2019-06-10 How to say 'Thank you' in Europe
- 2019-06-10 India: Himachal farmers say it with flowers
- 2019-06-07 Kenya: Growers trying their luck in bouquets
- 2019-06-07 Proposed legislation requires American grown flowers, greens in U.S. Government facilities
- 2019-06-07 The Australian nursery industry at a glance
- 2019-06-06 A challenging year for the Kenyan rose industry
- 2019-06-06 Syngenta Flowers acquires Dutch cyclamen breeding company Varinova
- 2019-06-05 Students in the Philippines must plant 10 trees to graduate
- 2019-06-05 Netherlands: Greenhouse horticulture gets chair at university to secure position
- 2019-06-05 Euro area annual inflation down to 1.2%
- 2019-06-04 China: Spatial analysis of land use change shows ending of rubber plantation expansion in Xishuangbanna
- 2019-06-04 Global CEA Census launched to help drive agriculture industry forward