- VP Growing Operations
- Head Grower Strawberries, Australia
- Growing Manager for Hydroponic strawberry producer
- Regional Sales Manager Fresh Produce
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Export Trade Manager
- Business Developer - Northern Europe
- Orchard Sector Manager
- International Citrus Account Manager
Anthura, Armada, Beekenkamp, Bio Science, Brandkamp, DHM, Dümmen, Florensis, Gediflora, GGG
FlowerTrials 2016: Novelties in the picture
Leading up to the event, we gladly make space for some of the most outstanding and/or surprising highlights on display. Today, we will focus on 10 participating companies in the Westland region: Anthura, Armada, Beekenkamp Plants, Bio Science, Brandkamp, DHM Innovation, Dümmen Orange, Florensis, Gediflora, Jonge Planten Grünewald.
Next to the new potted and cut Anthuriums, also their new phalaenopsis varieties take a central stage at Anthura, during the FlowerTrials. Their varieties are being supplied all over the world and therefore are named after famous world cities. Also the new prototypes; the Anthura Narbonne and the Anthura Denver. "Anthura Narbonne, a warm copper-coloured orchid that grows easily and offers excellent uniformity; Anthura Denver is a very productive variety with graceful white flowers with a red lip."
Also at the breeder and propagator of cutflowers, potted plants and perennials Armada, new varieties will be showcased. The Dianturi Twinkle is one of them. "Dianturi Twinkle is a rich flowering garden plant which is suitable for gardens, borders, pots and dishes. The plant flowers several times per year, produces bright pink fragranced flowers, winter hardy until -15 degrees Celsius."
Beekenkamp Plants BV is breeder and propagator of starting material in pot and bedding plants such as Begonia, Dahlia, Poinsettia, Lavendula, Campanula and Celosia. One of their showpieces that they will present at the FlowersTrials is the elatior Begonia for indoor and outdoor use.
Bock Bio Science
Bock Bio Science is specialized in the breeding and propagation of orchids, perennials, grasses, woody plants and agricultural crops. During the FlowerTrials, they will showcase new phaleanopsis, hellebore, primula, leontopodium and saxifraga varieties.
Brandkamp is specialised in the cultivation of chrysanthemums and bedding plants and in the production of young plants. During the FlowerTrials, all their new varieties will be showcased, also the new varieties in the Fuchsia Jollies Trailing Line. "The trailing varieties of Jollies captivate has bright colors, good growing habits and many leaves and flowers."
Next to showcasing their award winning varieties DIAMANTINA Opale 'Orange Coral' Lanillinois and DIAMANTINA Jade 'Orange Coral' Lanmississippi, DHM Innovation will present more varieties in this DIAMANTINA series. Also the BLACK SOLITAIRE will be on display. The 7 new varieties of 'crepe mirtle' that were introduced at the Flower Trails 2015 will be presented.
Next to expanding its assortment of the Calanday Outdoor series and the Fairtrade assortment, Dümmen Orange is also expanding its Potchrysant Splash series with the Splash Happiness and Splash Harmony. This series is not only on display in the Netherlands, but also in Germany, in the Rheinland Westfalen region.
Florensis is specialised in annuals, pot plants, primula, pansies, perennials and cut flowers. A large number of new varieties will be showcased at the FlowerTrials, including the Pelargonium Toscana. "The Toscana is a compact variety for a pot-tight intensive production, abundant flowering & vigorous plant."
Gediflora is know for its ball-shaped chrysanthemums. The new variety that takes a central stage during the FlowerTrials is their new lime-green chrysanthemum called Primo Pistache. "This lime-green chrysanthemum is pollen free, as a result of which clothes or textiles never get stained. It has a long shelf life with a minimum of 8 weeks and it doesn't need much sunlight to produce open blooms."
Jonge Planten Grünewald
Jonge Planten Grünewald is a large player in the breeding of Thunbergia. The Thunbergia 'Sunny Susy' is a series that is being expanded every year, Currently the assortment consists of 9 different colors. These varieties will be on display at the FlowerTrials along with more new ball shaped chrysanthemums.
For more information, novelties and concepts, as well as a short video introduction of each individual company, visit the website of the FlowerTrials.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-10-03 Seed meets Technology visitors 'ready to buy'
- 2023-10-03 Sion Open took place for the first time in Edmonton Canada
- 2023-10-03 CAN: Ontario’s Chrysanthemum show returns to Hamilton this month
- 2023-10-03 Marginpar receives Kaizen-Kam award
- 2023-10-03 AU: Spring expo to showcase native plants in Wallan
- 2023-10-03 India: Initiative in Nagaland to boost floriculture
- 2023-10-02 After-summer drinks at Ridder
- 2023-10-02 Asocolflores celebrated its 50th anniversary
- 2023-09-29 Germany: Tree nursery Lüers to host Winter Fair
- 2023-09-28 Landgard Award for Volker and Dominik Janssen and Leo Berghs-Trienekens
- 2023-09-28 Rio Roses wins 4 ribbons at SAF 2023 Outstanding Varieties Competition
- 2023-09-28 IPM Essen and FDF announce new award for practice-oriented products for floricultural retail
- 2023-09-27 South Korea: The Suncheonman International Garden Expo to be held on April 1
- 2023-09-27 The Giant Company recognizes top performing floral team members
- 2023-09-27 Nominees for the 2023 Dutch Flower Awards announced
- 2023-09-27 National Garden Bureau’s Green Thumb Award now accepting entries