- Labour Manager - Leamington (ON) Canada
- Head Grower/Director of Growing - Crawfordville (FL) USA
- Project Manager Assistant - USA
- Apple Quality Manager - Wolcott (NY) USA
- General Manager - Wolcott (NY) USA
- Technical Services Supervisor - Hamburg, Germany
- Cultivation Control Systems Manager - Colorado, USA
- Sales Manager based in The Netherlands, Belgium or Germany
- Category Manager (Mangoes, Melons & Pines) - Sydney or Brisbane, Australia
- General Manager - Commercial | Murcia, Spain | Fruit
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Why fragrant flowers are so special
"One of the things I love most when sourcing new flowers from the Dutch growers and breeders is seeing the passion and expertise they have for their flowers and discovering some of the secrets that have been handed down from generation to generation.
"Fragrant flowers seem to be one of the richest in history and suprise, which is why I would like to dedicate this blog post to just a few of the scented flowers that are available in our boutique this summer, namely scented garden Roses, Sweet Peas, Gardenias, Lilies, Stocks and Freesias.
"Smelling the scent of a flower is a gest that people do automatically. I notice it all the time in the store. Whether it's a single Rose or a bouquet, clients lift the flowers to their nose and wait, expectantly, to experience another level of sensual bliss from the sweet fragrance they anticipate, perhaps as a souvenir of the flowers they remember from childhood. The fact is that most scents have been bred out of the cut flowers available today because the breeders have skilfully manipulated nature to remove the scent in order to favour a longer vase life."
Read more at Neill Strain's blog
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2020-07-06 The Founding Fathers’ favorite flowers
- 2020-07-01 Data shows that viewing a flower promotes recovery from psychological stress
- 2020-06-30 Taiwan: New spray dyeing technology to let the Phalaenopsis industry survive?
- 2020-06-11 The band that holds flowers together
- 2020-06-11 US (NY): Canceled tulip festival donates hundreds of flowers to senior living community
- 2020-06-05 June is National Rose Month
- 2020-06-04 Hippy Psychedelic Roses come with "free peace and love in every box"
- 2020-06-02 Ukraine starts official investigation against imports of fresh cut roses
- 2020-05-13 The story behind a rose that blooms at Disneyland
- 2020-05-13 "We had to cut production to just 30 percent"
- 2020-05-06 Tulip Nachtwacht – A Dutch master in bloom
- 2020-05-04 NL: Cor Middelkoop about the orchids in the Beatrix Pavilion
- 2020-04-29 USA (MI): Mayor asks not to come to Holland
- 2020-04-21 "Now, it is even more important to have a good vase life"
- 2020-04-06 The importance of flowers during challenging times
- 2020-03-20 US: Natural Fragrance Rose available soon at retail stores nationwide
- 2020-03-19 Special storage boxes as a solution to reduce cut flowers waste
- 2020-03-18 Neanderthals may have used flowers in death rites
- 2020-03-17 Game of Thorns – Round #3 voting
- 2020-03-17 Confiscation illegal carnations from Ecuador at Schiphol Amsterdam Airport