- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Senior Breeder
- Operations Manager - Kenya
Top 5 -yesterday
- "It's a niche product that we created ourselves”
- McHutchison and Vaughan’s Horticulture hire national sales manager, and promote three regional sales managers
- UFG's 'Last auction in the large gallery event'
- J. Berry Nursery relaxes Hollywood Hibiscus branded container requirements
- Michiel van Ginkel new CEO Royal Hilverda Group
Top 5 -last week
- HilverdaFlorist delegation visits KF Bioplants in India
- Proven Winners hosts creators roundtable event for plant influencers
- HortEx Vietnam, a gateway to the Vietnamese market
- "Botrytis is thriving in these weather conditions, so being as strict as possible is required"
- Suntory's "Le Tour de Cuttings"
Top 5 -last month
turnover 2014: € 4,5 billion:
FloraHolland Annual Report: Profit of 9.6 million
Click here to view the complete annual report.
According to the annual report, 2014 was a turbulent year for the auction. There were some changes in the management, a disagreement about covering the loss of 2013, FloraHolland stopped checking on product quality and there was a discussion going on about the supply rights.
Totaal klokomzet = Total clock turnover. Totaal omzet FloraHolland = Total turnover FloraHolland. Totaal omzet group = Total turnover group.
From an economic perspective, 2014 was a year of modest recovery; a long expected recovery, which was slightly hindered by tensions in Eastern Europe and the Middle East. At macro level, Germany and Russia in particular performed worse than expected. A slight economic optimism developed in the Netherlands, although it did not result in strong growth.
Against this background, FloraHolland's growth in sales was satisfactory, (a growth of 1.4% in spite of slightly higher prices). Some product groups achieved excellent results, others less so. The 2013-2014 tulip season was good. The garden plant season proved disappointing despite an extremely early spring.
At country level, Germany, France, Switzerland, Poland and Austria scored well. Exports to Russia dropped substantially. Sales developments there give reason for concern.
According to FloraHolland, the production is internationalizing. Because of this, the Dutch share in global flower and plant production is decreasing. Furthermore, growers increasingly sell their products without the direct intervention of FloraHolland and they operate further up the chain more often than before. The importance of the auction clock decreases as the use of electronic sales resources rises. It has to be said, however, that in 2014 this took place slower than expected.
Importance clock decreases
Increasingly more often, growers are going further into the chain. Due to the use of digital distribution channels, the importance of the clock declines.
In order to answer these market developments, FloraHolland draws up FloraHolland 2020. With FloraHolland 2020, the cooperative has set a course for the future in which we will make the floriculture industry bloom; a course aimed at improving the margins for our members and their customers, and for greater consumer spending on flowers & plants.
Click here to view the complete annual report.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-12-01 Anthura Bologna: "irresistible"
- 2022-12-01 UbiQD launches two new greenhouse film products
- 2022-12-01 Millcreek Gardens introduces new account manager & office sales supervisor
- 2022-12-01 Podcast: Flower farming on Hawaii’s Big Island with Christian Ingalls of Daisy Dukes Flower Farm
- 2022-12-01 NL: AltaNova takes over Nertera cultivation from Kooij Nertera Natural
- 2022-12-01 This Chicago couple turns vacant lots into flower farms, with help of local youth
- 2022-12-01 New: Santini 'Jinda Red'
- 2022-12-01 "A Lowpad in the workplace will help us take our operations to the next level"
- 2022-11-30 UK: New Leaf Plants teams up with Joy of Plants
- 2022-11-30 McHutchison and Vaughan’s Horticulture hire national sales manager, and promote three regional sales managers
- 2022-11-30 Hoffman Nursery gives update on growing stock
- 2022-11-30 Centre for high-tech protected cropping systems launched to climate-proof crop production
- 2022-11-30 Michiel van Ginkel new CEO Royal Hilverda Group
- 2022-11-29 Dutch exporter Montfleury celebrates 20 years
- 2022-11-29 2022 Poinsettia trial results Millstadt Young Plants and N.G. Heimos Greenhouses
- 2022-11-29 NL: Pieterpikzonen takes over Wing Seed BV
- 2022-11-29 Delphy Japan opens new office
- 2022-11-29 NL: Rebuilding of Takii’s new production- and breeding location in Zeeland started
- 2022-11-29 "It's good to be here for a longer period"
- 2022-11-29 NPI brings water, whenever and wherever it is needed!