- Technical Sales Representative, Leamington, Ontario
- Technical Sales Representative, Ancaster, Ontario
- HR Generalist
- Head Grower Strawberries (West Virginia USA)
- Global Sourcing Manager
- Buying Operations Manager (BOM Process)
- Sourcing Manager EU
- Manager Operations Ethiopia
- Manager Operations Ethiopia
- Senior Grower
Top 5 - yesterday
- Air cargo demand decline slows in April
- Seasonal worker program essential part of Canada's ag industry
- US (PA): Sugar Valley Greenhouse counting their blessings, one petal at a time
- US: Hawaii among top 10 states with most floriculture operations
- "Sustainability is also about extending the life of greenhouses"
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Hasfarm’s network expands in Indonesia, partnering with Bromelia Flowers and Tropika
- "Breeders need to study the Chinese market carefully before introducing a variety"
- North America: “Unbridled optimism for Mother’s Day tempered by reality”
- “A new sales channel for flower companies without any labor or high fixed costs”
- “Carnations have made a comeback; being seen as trendy again”
Canada: Opening new markets for hardy landscape roses
Vineland leads the breeding, development and marketing of new rose cultivars, building on core strengths including consumer insights, genomics and business development to bring a fresh perspective to the marketing of landscape roses.
Extensive consumer research including branding concepts has been undertaken to position the rose collection in the marketplace and generate renewed interest in landscape roses with new and younger Canadians. The branding has been designed to celebrate the collective sense of Canada’s natural beauty while emphasizing the made-in-Canada story for resonance around the world.
The goal is to reinvigorate the landscape rose market in North America with high-quality plants and create a market into cold hardy regions of Europe. Using a creative and cohesive business strategy, the roses will be promoted as a collection. The first rose for release from the program in 2017 is the Canadian Shield, part of Vineland’s 49th Parallel Collection.
The Canadian Shield launch is a pilot project to validate Vineland’s assumptions around value chain, marketing and branding research. Market response and grower feedback will inform subsequent releases that will come to be known as the Vineland collection.
Vineland will manage the commercialization of the collection in Canada through direct licences with propagators, growers and wholesalers. All licensees are encouraged to ensure the branding and marketing elements of the rose collection are maintained for a consistent look-and-feel across the value chain. In other regions including the U.S. and Europe, Vineland will manage intellectual property rights and rely on partners for propagation, sales and distribution.
For more information:
Vineland Research and Innovation Centre
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-05-26 "Celebrating achievements and empowering women in the green industry"
- 2023-05-22 Senetti lines in London for the coronation of King Charles III
- 2023-05-02 Honoring veterans with flowers on Memorial Day weekend
- 2023-05-01 Sion launches new ‘Step into the light’ facade campaign on the Dutch highway
- 2023-04-27 UK: Kiosks & websites to feature royal clematis and roses for coronation
- 2023-04-26 Gardening Know How announces 2022 sponsorship recipients
- 2023-04-25 US (FL): Venice in Bloom Team plants Sun Parasol Prize
- 2023-04-11 Flower hats blooming in popularity
- 2023-04-05 Digital promotion of Explorer roses : "A Big red success with impact!"
- 2023-04-03 That Flower Feeling thanks Miley Cyrus for being the unofficial ambassador for flowers
- 2023-03-22 PopUp Garden now available for consumers
- 2023-03-22 US: The Scotts Miracle-Gro Foundation and KidsGardening announce the 2023 GroMoreGood Grassroots grantees
- 2023-03-17 Kicking off Spring with Senetti in Philly
- 2023-03-15 Outdoor plants campaign to be relaunched in the Netherlands and Germany
- 2023-03-15 NL: Evanthia offers diversity and connection at Keukenhof
- 2023-03-08 "You want to go deeper, find the connection with the company and be able to visualize it again"
- 2023-03-02 Addenda kicks off Campanula season
- 2023-02-15 Custom and branded plant pots – "the differentiator you need"
- 2023-02-14 "Covid killed the roses"
- 2023-02-14 Royal Van Zanten boosts chain marketing with creative content