The FMRF study, called "Marketing Tactics to Increase Millennial Floral Purchases," was conducted by Dr. Chengyan Yue of the University of Minnesota and sponsored by Asocolflores.
The study explored innovative marketing strategies and tactics to better target Millennials, who are key to the future of the floral industry.
Results of the study reveal ways to effectively attract Millennials to floral products, as well as data on their attitudes, preferences and barriers to purchasing flowers. Top key findings and a detailed checklist of marketing recommendations are featured in the report and are invaluable to the industry.
Some of the important strategies include:
Encourage customization and personalization
- Provide Millennials the opportunity to arrange their own bouquets and customize their delivery, designs and discount options.
- Reposition floral products as trendy and modern.
- Offer loyalty programs with awards or points that do not expire.
- Create subscription services that are easy to use.
- Overcome the price barrier by offering free gifts, coupons and discounts.
- Maintain a strong social media presence.
- Develop apps on mobile phones that engage Millennials using coupons, easy payment options and other desirable features.
- Create advertisements that contain funny, unique and interesting information about flowers.
Register to download the free report and other reports at FMRF.org.